Sunday, April 11, 2010

The joys of yard work... or not so much joyful. I'm not much of one who likes yard work, not that I've ever done it but figured I wouldn't like it. Aaron was a little more motivated than I was, which I was doing everything I can to act excited about it because I didn't want him to loose his drive. I want the yard work to be done but there is so much to do that it is somewhat overwhelming. There was one big thing that had to go first, this huge low lying ugly bush. Here is a picture of it:


It is gone now but we still have some work to be done to this spot before we can lay grass seed. This bush took us over 2 hours to cut out, I know it doesn't look like a monster but it was! I decided to plant some flowers, never really planted flowers before but figured I could handle it. They will be dead in a few weeks anyways, I'm really good at killing plants without trying to. But here they are full of life, hopefully I'm wrong and I will find that I have been gifted by my mother's green thumb. Both of my parents are great at yard work/planting, but somehow I didn't get that trait.

So the best part of the entire yard work weekend was the beautiful weather! Upper 60's/lower 70's, I couldn't help but just love everything that is green right now. Spring is definitely in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment