Sunday, April 14, 2013

Bravo! Cucina Italiana Grilled Balsamic Chicken Copy Cat Recipe


Fun weekend had by anyone?  Ours has been pretty low key.  We are heading to a Bon Jovi concert tonight, which we scored tickets for FREE!  

Aaron gets some good perks from his clients working as a commercial real estate broker and this was one of them.  A few months ago, he came home and said he was offered FREE tickets to either Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift, or Kenny Chesney.  His pick.

My initial reaction was not so good.  "You mean to tell me we could have gone to Taylor Swift!?!?!"  "How could you pick Bon Jovi over Taylor Swift!" "I can't believe you turned down TAYLOR SWIFT!" "Heck, even Kenny Chesney would have been my second choice!" After throwing my little temper tantrum, I realized, well of course he choose Bon Jovi, why in the world would Aaron be excited or have any desire to go to a Taylor Swift concert?  After all he is a guy.  It's probably a good thing he is not jumping up and down and squealing to see T Swift, that might actually be kinda weird.  Then I started to feel bad for my reaction because he was just doing what he thought we would  both enjoy best.  Although I've already seen Bon Jovi in concert before, I'm sure we will have a great time as he is a good performer and I do enjoy his jams and am thankful to get free tickets!   That part is pretty cool so how can I really complain?! 

Moving on to something even more exciting...  Lately I have been having MAD CRAVINGS for a delicious restaurant-prepared gourmet salad.  FINALLY I’m craving something healthy!  That doesn't happen often... 

A few weeks ago, we are at Bravo! Cucina Italiana and I had their Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad.  And oh was it yummers!  Of course I cancelled out the healthiness factor but scarfing down the bread basket, my love/hate relationship with carbs always gets the best of me. 

I don't like eating salads at home too much; they just aren't as pretty out or as tasty.  Something about the super freshness a restaurant can serve up that I can't compete with…UNTIL NOW!  My knock off version was just as good as Bravo's.  For REALS people. I could not get enough of this salad last week.  It's one of my new favorite recipes.  And it's super easy to toss together!  

YUMMERS!  SO beautiful! 

You can TASTE summer in this salad! 
 Ingredients:

Balsamic Glaze (see pic below) 
Grilled Chicken breasts (marinaded in Kraft Balsamic dressing)
*cool the chicken breasts so they are just slightly warmer than room temp
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Blueberries
Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
Bagged Romaine Salad 
This is the balsamic glaze I used and recommend

Slice strawberries into strips.  Slice grilled chicken breasts into strips.  Assemble in this order: salad, chicken, strawberries, blueberries, cheese, drizzle over top with balsamic glaze.   

Bite into that delightful freshness!  You betcha I'll be eating this all summer long! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! We are trying this SOON! And I'd prefer T.Swift tickets, too, but I'm sure you are having a blast at Bon Jovi!

    ReplyDelete