Sunday, January 20, 2013

Copy Cat Cheesecake Factory SkinnyLicious Grilled Chicken

Had a great weekend, a low key Friday night, a Pampered Chef Party at a friend's house, meal prep most of Saturday afternoon, got a nap in, tacos and a movie night with our friends, banana pancakes and watched this morning's sermon online in our pjs, watched the snow fall, and we are about to get ready to head over to a friend's house for homemade pizzas and games.  Been a good mix of fun and relaxation!  With that being said, why not share a great recipe to top off the weekend?!?! 

I'm about to share the BEST recipe of 2013!!  And it fits into my HEALTHIFIED mindset of 2013.  

We eat at Cheesecake Factory somewhat often, it's conveniently attached to the mall and their broad menu keeps us coming back.  One of my all time favorite dishes is their Skinnylicious Grilled Chicken.  When I came across this recipe on Pinterest, all I could think about is how this is pretty much the same fav CF dish.  And it turned out to be true!  I could not get enough of this, sooo good and was yummers in my tummers. I realized though, it's needing asparagus spears cut into chunks, I will be adding that to this recipe when I make it again very very soon!   ENNNJOOOYYY!    


YUM YUM NUM NUM!

Ingredients:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 – 5 garlic cloves ( I used dried minced cloves)
1 cup fresh basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar (use a good quality balsamic vinegar, this is where the most flavor comes from)
1/4 cup water
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I omitted)
1 package of cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 red onion sliced (I used dried chopped onion)
I added soft mozzarella cut into large chunks  

Preparation:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Brown the chicken breasts in a pan. In a blender place the garlic, basil, olive oil, vinegar, water and pulse until pureed.
 Place the browned chicken breasts in a pyrex and cover with the basil, garlic mixture. Top with mushrooms, tomatoes and onion and bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Add the mozzarella in the last 20 minutes.  Serve with brown rice and a salad and drizzle with some additional balsamic vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment