Friday, September 17, 2010

IKEA

Over Labor Day weekend we made a trip to IKEA as we were in the area for my cousin’s wedding. I love IKEA and their contempary styles/reasonable prices. Here are some of our awesome finds.
We were in need of a guest room bedside table. We thought this would work perfectly and found it functional for shelving as well. We also bought the 2 cubby box inserts at IKEA to spice it up a little and add more function to the shelving. Perfect find!
Second find was also for the guest bedroom. We were looking for something for the wall opposite of the bed and found this shelf and frames. What I love about this shelf is it is very narrow and it has a lip on it, which I found to be unique and perfect for resting frames on.


Third find, this fun little candle holder. We have a ledge at the top of our stairs which happens to be right behind the couch. I don’t like clutter so don’t want a lot of junk displayed but thought this works well here. Now just need to find what to display on it. I’m bummed because I now recall these fun little candles at IKEA that would have worked great with this that I didn’t buy. I didn’t even realize at the time that it would have worked perfectly with this holder. Shucks.



Fourth find, this vase. We recently started collecting wine corks and looking for a fun way to display them. The plan is to fill this jar and then use it for décor in the kitchen. When we overfill this, I have another very large vase to put these in that would be great in our wine themed dining room. Save your wine corks and give them to me, I’ll take them!!!!!

Also if you are at an IKEA, eat at their restaurant and get their macaroni and cheese. Holy cow it is some of the best mac n cheese I’ve ever had!!! It should be a requirement as part of the IKEA experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment