Friday, June 17, 2011

Grilled Cajun Shrimp

Gotta love my Taste of Home Subscription!  Found this one in my June/July issue.  I made a very similar recipe previously using a bottled marinade but this has better taste and even though my previous way was easier, this is worth the extra mixing and really overall, this is still a very easy recipe to prepare.  Don't worry, it not that spicy!

Hello lil' Shrimpies!  
INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced (I bought mine at the store already minced, just used 1/4 tsp of pre-minced      garlic)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp coarsley ground pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (I bought mine in the frozen section already peeled/deveined)
1 medium lemon, cut into wedges

Combine first 9 ingredients.  Add jumbo shrimp and coat.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  Using a grilling skillet, grill over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.

I served this dish with baked potatoes and a blue moon beer :) 

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing!! Too bad my husband is allergic to shellfish. =(

    ReplyDelete