Friday, December 13, 2013

My Favorite Gift Ideas

Tis the gift giving season!  I love buying a special gift for a loved one.  Here are some gift ideas that I personally love and recommend!  Some of these items are on my wish list and some I own.  

The Kitchenaid Flex Edge Beater Attachment. I don’t own this yet.  I’ve been wanting it though for some time.  If I don’t get it this year, I’m going to buy it myself.  The flex edge just seems brilliant to help mix up your baked goodies!


Batter Dispenser.  I got this last year for Christmas and have found it pretty darn handy when it comes to making pancakes.  It keeps the messiness astray. 


Taste of Home annual subscription.  I love getting my subscription in the mail and flipping thru the recipes.  My Grandma got me a subscription a few years ago and it’s like Christmas morning for me when it show up in my mailbox.  I get some great ideas from this magazine and enjoy reading the articles as well. 


If you don’t own a cookie scoop, you really need one… like as in yesterday.  Making cookies are a breeze with one of these nifty fellas.  You can get one for under $10 easily but here is just one for example. 

This Flannel Candle is wonderful!  Your house will smell so cozy with this burning.  And your man will love it too because it has a masculine smell to it.  Aaron is constantly lighting this baby up! 
Flannel 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
The first time I bought a Starbucks travel mug, I was amazed how it really retained the heat and kept my coffee piping hot for hours.  So amazed I got rid of the majority of our mugs and replaced them all with these.  Starbucks has various coffee travel mugs, look for one that says double-walled.  That’s the key to keeping your coffee delicious for hours.
Stainless Steel Tumbler with Handle - Charcoal, 16 fl oz


A gift card for a Shellac manicure at your local nail salon.  Shellac manicures are the best.  It’s seriously completely chip free for 14 days.  The only pain is getting it off, which I generally go back in and have the salon take it off.  But this is a great gift for someone who hates to spend time painting their nails just to see it chip a few days later.  I enjoy getting mine done for the holiday season, so gift your loved one early with this one!
CND Shellac UV Color Coat MASQUERADE 0.25 oz


Pottery Barn Faux Throw.  Currently on sale!  Super soft and is the perfect throw to have on the couch to cuddle up with.  It comes in different colors, we have the caramel and it’s so neutral, it goes with just about anything.  It’s also the perfect size, not too bulky, lay over the arm of your couch when you aren't using it for a little decor! 

Faux Fur Throw - Caramel Ombre

Last year I got these Ugg Slippers in gray.  They were a little pricey for slippers but every year I was replacing my slippers and spending at least $15 a pair.  I wear these slippers every single day, all year round and they are as if they are still brand new.  With hard floors all thru our house, these slippers make getting chores done a lot more comfortable.  I can’t imagine going back to the cheapy slippers after having these now.


Canon Power Shot Waterproof Camera.  I highly recommend a waterproof camera and this one has worked out well for us.  We use ours all the time in the summer.  No worries about ruining your nice camera with this tough bad boy!

Kerig Elite Coffee Maker.  We are getting this for Christmas this year, we decided to go with the middle of the road Kerig after comparing and comparing against all the different ones.  Aaron has been against getting one, he likes making a pot of coffee, whereas I hate making a whole pot of coffee.  Realistically, we dump a lot of extra coffee down the drain.  Hoping this will make my coffee drinking that much more of a pleasurable experience!


Coach Madison Watch.  I LOVE. THIS.WATCH.  And I’m feeling pretty confident Santa is getting it for me this year J.  So sophisticated but with a simple watch face, it goes with any outfit!  What’s not to love?!


The Google Nexus 10 is a great tablet!  I use mine all the time and keep it handy on the coffee table.  I held out on buying this for the longest time and wish I had gotten it sooner as I use it every single day.  The Nexus 10 got very high ratings on Consumer Reports, higher than the IPad. 



And the gift that may be on my wish list for a while (but hopefully not too long)…  The Tiffany’s Heart Tag Necklace.  I’ve tried this on a few months ago and of course it just looked fabulous! One of my friend’s recently suggested I ask for it as my ‘push present.’  With intrigue, I asked what is a push present?  AKA… a gift from your husband for giving birth to his child.  WHAT?!?!!  How did I NOT know about this!?!  Of course every mother is deserving of a push present!  Genius! 
And don't forget, there are lots of folks that can't afford gifts, be mindful of all of your blessing you've received this year and bless those this holiday season!  Tangible gifts are a luxury, my wishes for you all is that you may be blessed with the greatest gift of all, time with your family and loved ones this holiday season! 

2 comments:

  1. I've finally figured out how to leave comments, wahoo!! I've been keeping up with your prego updates, love them! Good stuff on this gift ideas post.. Tiffany's, Pottery Barn, Coach, etc.. life's finer simple pleasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog post! Lots of great ideas here! I think I need one of those Starbucks travel mugs!

    ReplyDelete