Monday, February 8, 2016

Baby C 27.5 Week Update

Another successful perinatal appointment is behind us!  It is always a huge relief to leave those appointments with amazing news that Baby C is healthy and looking great!  She is actually AHEAD of her growth schedule, weighing in at 2 lbs 7 oz (I find that just amazing that they can tell me exactly how much my baby weighs), which is roughly 5 days ahead of the growth chart, already over the 50th percentile.
3D image of face at top, bottom is a profile pic and she is trying to suck her thumb

  It’s crazy how much the tone of my appointments have changed.  That very first appointment, there was a lot of concern in my doctor’s voice as to what lies ahead.  Now she walks in with so much positive energy saying every now and then (like a few a year) we just get a case of unexplained elevated AFP levels and I think you are just one of them.  I think she seems convinced that I’m looking to be out of the woods here and comments at how amazed she is at my baby’s growth.  Although thru the excitement, I did catch her saying that weeks 28-32 is the most critical for when growth may signal a slowdown but given I’m ahead of schedule, she’s optimistic that all is going to be okay.  I’m just approaching my 28th week.
days out from my 3rd trimester 
Baby C is on the move too!  I remember one of the things that I got tired of was Annie moving, Annie was an intense mover and I literally could feel sores on my insides because she was such a strong mover. I don’t think I will ever say Baby C moves too much, I absolutely love feeling her move around.  It just makes me smile and think my baby is healthy in there.

These appointments have just gotten easier.  Walking in, I feel a lot of calmness.  I know I’m growing, {hence not being able to zip my winter coat anymore} and I feel her moving more and more which are just reassurances for me in between appointments.  Although I’m far more confident and assured all will be okay, when we walk into the patient waiting room, I’m always reminded that we are lucky and blessed and others here aren’t so much.  The mood of the Perinatal waiting room is far different than the mood of my Ob’s office.  They have this garganteous sign in the corner reminding all of us that we are here because we are at risk for serious complications.  As I sit, I always look at these other pregnant mothers, wondering what brings them here and that is where I’m really reminded that we are very fortunate that we have not been dealt any bad news that have become a reality.  I can’t even imagine what some of these other mothers may be dealing with, I don’t even know how I would be able to cope.
Displaying 20160208_090516.jpg
This sign is like 12 feet tall, it's a little too much
So I’m off the hook for another 4 weeks with the perinatal doctor!  They will start fetal stress tests at around 31 weeks at my regular Ob appointments just as precautionary and I have my gestational test next Monday, which I don’t mind the juice I have to drink for it, the key is to chug as fast as possible before it gets warm, that’s the key!

Aaron and I are taking off for our babymoon within days and the whole trip was riding on the outcome of this appointment.  What a relief to have the all-clear, I cannot wait to have a little time away from work and everyday life to do some fun things and do a little shopping for my girls!  

1 comment:

  1. What a huge relief! God is good! :) I remember always wondering why everyone else was at the hospitals for our specialty appointments, too. It was like we were all connected by some negative/devastating news, but you never knew why. Enjoy that babymoon! You guys deserve it!

    ReplyDelete