Monday, March 7, 2016

Out of the 'Danger' Zone

Great news!  Another successful perinatal appointment is behind us.  We are only down to 2 left, yippee!  And the last one really isn’t even a necessary one as it’s literally the day before I deliver but I think she just wants to see me and wish me well since she’s gotten to know us at these appointments.  These appointments are pricey so if it wasn’t for the fact that we will already be hitting our insurance out of pocket max for the year, I’d probably say, ya, I don’t need a ‘farewell’ appointment.  BUT… my perinatal doctor has been awesome and I really feel like she is part of this journey with us so it only seems right that we have a ‘farewell’ appointment.

Baby C’s growth is still a week ahead of schedule, weighing in at 4 lbs 2 oz.  We made it thru weeks 29-32, otherwise known as the danger zone.  My doctor said that she really expected that something would have popped up by now if a problem was tied to my elevated AFP.  So it’s looking really, really good that this baby will be born just as healthy as our little Annie is.

Of course, I still keep my optimism in check, as I know that with Annie, my preeclampsia didn’t start showing signs until around 32 weeks but good news is my blood pressure has been really good so far.  And also my non-stress testing will begin weekly starting next week so those results could always change the course of things but right now, I have no reason to believe that things won’t continue going well.
   
I still daydream and cannot wait for the day when I’m sitting at home, watching my 2 healthy girls playing, I’m back to feeling ‘normal’ and life just feels as if everything shook out exactly as it should have to God’s great plan.  When we are on the other side of all of this that will be the day!  I can’t wait for that moment when I can sit back and smile and say we made it.


Although I went into this appointment again with lots of confidence, I always leave feeling humbled and overjoyed that God has really been good to us thru all of this.  Never once have we even been given a slightest bump in the road in these perinatal appointments where they are like you know what something small looks just a tid bit off, we better just do an extra look to be sure.  We’ve NEVER had one of those, each perinatal appointment we leave with full confidence that everything looks great and there have been ZERO signs otherwise.  This baby is in good hands, His hands.  I joked with Aaron on the way home that this baby is already fighting for attention over her sister.  Little Baby C just wants to be known, she wanted us to get to see her sweet little face more often and for her Mama and Dada to have a lot more breakfast dates before doctor appointments.  Thank you Baby C… but really, you are costing us a fortune with all your extra appointments but your health is certainly priceless to us.  We will do anything for you and are, whatever it takes!  So you certainly have our full attention little girl. 8 more weeks until we get to see your precious little face enter this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment