Monday, July 25, 2016

My 2nd Baby Wish List

So you are having a second baby, it’s the same gender and all first baby’s oodles of outgrown clothes will match up well for seasons and you own about every baby gadget that is necessary so what to do when family and friends ask for gift ideas?  Well this is exactly what happened to me when we were expecting another girl.  It didn’t make a lot of sense to buy brand new when we had so much that was in perfect condition for Claire so I spent a lot of time thinking about gift ideas to pass along because let’s face it, even if you tell family that baby doesn’t need anything… they are still going to buy something so might as well have a few good ideas ready.

1)      My favorite item Claire received was a personalized swaddling blanket.  I found coming up with gift ideas that were a little more personal and felt special to her were perfect 2nd child gifts.  This blanket on Etsy is made from a really soft material, far better quality than most swaddling blankets and I’ve used it a ton, whether it’s a backdrop for a picture or to use on the go in the stroller, it’s perfect!
 
{WHAT…hold up!  As I was looking up this link I see they have personalized headbands that are made out the same material.  You better believe Claire will be getting one of those!  Christmas list started!}
 There are tons of personalized baby blanket styles on Etsy; so, so many options! 
2)      Idea number 2 was a special hospital hat.  Sure you will get a freebie newborn hat at the hospital and they work perfectly well but I wanted something a little more special so gift idea #2 was the coordinating hat in the above picture with the blanket.  You can also find these that match the blanket that are personalized; this one here is pretty adorbs too.

 
3)      For Claire’s baptism I had full intentions on reusing Annie’s dress, ain’t nobody got time to shop for a Baptism dress weeks after birth but decided to re-accessorize the dress for Claire.  This cross headband and matching cross sandals were the added touch to make Claire’s Baptism attire a little different than Annie’s and doubled as a gift idea.  Again, Etsy item.

Note, this is not my baby, picture from Etsy

 
Now who wore it better?  Annie or Claire?  Just kidding, both rocked that dress. 
Claire

Annie
Unfortunately in the picture the headband and sandals don't show up well but trust me, they were the perfect touch and keepsake for Claire.

4)      Personalized Birth Frame.  Why not?  Doubles as perfect nursery decoration!  The Personalization Mall website has tons of cute designs.  
 

5)      Bath towels, wash cloths and bath toys.   We actually had the right amount for bath towels and wash cloths for Annie but with another baby to bathe, we needed a few more.  Both kids take a bath 3 times a week so that is 6 towels and 6 wash cloths, not to mention a wash cloth every day to clean their face/hands so we go thru a lot of wash cloths especially.  Bath toys are always on our list, no matter how much I try to squeeze and siphon the water out of each toy at the end of a bath, they still harbor mold and get slimy and gross with time.  Teething babies always want to put toys in their mouths so although Claire isn’t ready to use her bath toys she has gotten for gifts, I have them set aside for when she is ready for them.  It’s always good to cycle out those bath toys and imagine bath toys will continue to be on their gift lists for awhile to come.

6)      Fun Burp Clothes.  When I was pregnant with Annie, we had a few cute burp cloths but for the most part we had just standard white ones.  Receiving cute patterned ones wasn’t really on my list for baby #2 but when a friend gifted me a set of them, I realized I really enjoyed just having something fun and new and it seems practical since I do use them each and every day. 
Boutique Baby Burp Cloths-  Aqua Chevron, Houndstooth, Quatrefoil, Damask, Dots - Universal Burp Cloth, baby burp rags, Pricing starts for 2
These aren't the ones I have but just an example of cute designs that are out there to purchase on Etsy
7)      Triangle bibs.  When I was pregnant with Annie, these bibs weren’t in style at the time, now that they are; I am looking forward to Claire wearing some cute designs.  When they start drooling, bibs are a 24/7 necessity so why not make them a fashion statement?!
 
Geo Tribal Baby Bib, Modern Triangles, Ivory Lilac Metallic Gold, Bandanna Bib Scarf, Baby Girl Teething, Flowers, Pale Pink

8)      Books.  We don’t have necessarily a shortage of books but most of the books we own were gifts to Annie.  Although yes Annie can share her books with Claire and eventually Annie will outgrow these books anyways, it’s nice for Claire to have some that are just hers as well.  We have a book shelf in Claire’s room that is pretty bare right now.  A friend of mine sent Annie a book every month her first year and I’m excited that Claire has gotten the same gift and now gets a book every month in the mail as well to start adding to her collection.  And this Mama appreciates reading something different for a change!  I definitely feel like some books I can read with my eyes shut we’ve read them so many times over.  Any moms out there just start making up their own stories to each page?  I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve reinvented some books, heck Annie isn’t even close to reading so she doesn’t know any different when I’m telling a story that differs from the words in the book.  I’ve made up some pretty good storylines too.

9)      Jewelry.  Annie has her own nice bracelet and necklace.  They are so, so cute for occasions and pictures.  The best part is a lot of the online vendors have a ‘grow with me’ aspect to their jewelry.  Each year I can send in their bracelets and have added length to them clear up until adulthood.  Although I’m not one that likes to be sentimental with items, I hope maybe they will wear them in their weddings someday.  Tiny Blessings and Beadiful Baby both are great online vendors with top quality baby jewelry.
10)  And to hold that jewelry how about a jewelry box.  Annie has her own from Beadiful Baby and Claire has one from Pottery Barn, both with their names personalized on them.  So, cute and also doubles as decoration as they are nice to have sit out on their dressers.  
 
There you have it, definitely more of ‘fun’ things list than necessity items but yet all that have use to them.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas here! I definitely want a few personalized baby outfits and a blanket for #3...and I've already favorited a few on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete