Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I love recipes with cream cheese in it, any excuse to add cream cheese is a good idea. :) One of my friends posted this recipe on her blog so I decided to give it a try and it was a big hit for us. So yummy and so easy!

Cream Cheese Chicken

Ingredients:
8 oz block of cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat, easy way to cut calories and not taste)
1 16 oz jar of black bean and corn salsa (I use the Target brand jar)
1 package of chicken breasts (4-5 chicken breasts)

In a crock pot, place the chicken in the bottom and pour the jar of salsa over top. Place lid on crock pot and turn on high for 5 hours, depending on your crock pot. My crock pot I turn on high for 3 hours, and then turn on low for the reminder of the time. During the last half hour or so, drop cream cheese in crock pot and let it melt over the chicken mixture.

Serve over rice (my favorite), in corn tortillas (Aaron’s favorite) or with tortilla chips! Makes for delicious leftovers! Sometimes I add extra cheese such as shredded cheddar.

Useful Tip… use Uncle Ben’s whole grain boil in the bag rice. It controls portions and takes only 10 minutes. Love it! I’ve also tried Uncle Ben’s whole grain rice in a pouch that takes 90 seconds in the microwave, the taste of this rice was better than I thought it would be.

When I do make it, I make a big pot of this Sunday night and then eat it for lunch for the week; healthy, easy and tasty! Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment