Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Farmer's Market Date

There are number of things that I love about Des Moines and one of my top favorites is the Farmer's Market every Saturday morning.  It is an amazing market!  The turn out is in the thousands each week.  Opening day last year was 30,000 attendees with over 200 vendors.  It's a great way to start off a Saturday morning even if you aren't looking to buy anything.  There is everything from hot breakfast, arts/crafts, produce, wines, cheeses, dry pastas, popcorn, baked goods, live entertainment, fresh flowers, clothing, soaps, and so much more!  

It's great to see all the local products and can appreciate the hard work that goes into making these products.  Des Moines Market has grown over the years, it takes me a good hour and half to walk thru it and spans many many blocks.  

I love how cultural it is even though I'm not that 'culteral'.  It's just great to see so much diversity all in one place.  I am always up for a Farmer's Market date, whether it is with a girlfriend, my mom, Aaron, or I'll even go by myself.  




Buying some cheese! 


South Union Ciabatta bread, YUM!


A lot of people walk around eating a papaya on a stick (pictured in the tub)




We ended up taking home some maytag blue cheese, extra sharp cheddar, a loaf of ciabatta, gluten-free barsley lemon pasta, a red pepper and a tomato.  Had a great Saturday morning date with Aaron at the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment