Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Peach Sangrias for the 4th of July!


We had quite the 4th of July filled with fun festivities all week long with our friends.  By Friday afternoon, I about face planted it right into my keyboard after staying up later than usual every night while suffering a hangover of food and festive beverages from each day last week.  Whew, what a week!

One of these delish beverages that was a big hit were peach sangrias!  So good, I could have thrown my cup away and just drank chug it straight from the pitcher.  So refreshing and hits the spot!  Is it bad that I know the recipe from heart now and stocked up yesterday on all the ingredients? 

 Peach Sangrias

definitely should have made a double batch


1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio (I used Flip Flop Winery Pinot Grigio, good and cheap!)
½ C of Peach Schnapps
¼ C of Sugar
1 Peach, cut in quarter wedges
1 Mango, cut in quarter wedges (I ended up eliminating this, I basically mutilated my mango trying to cut it, infuriated by being defeated by a mango, it went in the trash)
1 Orange, cut in quarter wedges
2 C of Ginger Ale

Mix first 6 ingredients together.  Chill for an hour.  Right before serving, add the Ginger Ale. 

Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July! 

Source of recipe: Hy-Vee Seasons Magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment