Thursday, October 11, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Noodles


This chilly weather SCREAMS comfort food!  We’ve already gotten into our bad habit of late night drive thru at Caribou for hot chocolate.  The chilly weather is also when I start pulling out my most beloved kitchen item… the Crockpot!  I’m a total non-hassle-type-of-cook so whoever invented the Crockpot liners is a genius, just worth mentioning. 

I heart chicken and noodles so when I came across this recipe on Pinterest, I just couldn't stop thinking about it!  So at night when I’m strung out on a hot chocolate sugar high, I’m just laying in bed dreaming of a good ol’ bowl of chicken and noodles.  Unfortunately, I have a serious love for carbs… so mash potatoes with chicken and noodles over top is the carbfest this carboholic craves!  Nothing like a bowl loaded of simple carbs that makes your entire good efforts for the whole week go to waste.  It’s totally worth it though!

Now I’m very particular about my noodles, this recipe called for a bag of frozen noodles, well those tend to be thick and nasty so I went with a package of egg noodles from the dry pasta section.  So basically my point is you can use whatever noodles you prefer. 
I cannot take credit for this picture but mine looked very similar to this, mine was a little more soupy though
 Combine 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces, 2-10.75 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup of butter (sliced) and 42 oz. of chicken broth in your crock pot.  Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Then add the bag of noodles, depending on what kind you use, cook for an additional 20 min to 1 hr longer.  If you use dry egg noodles, it will be ready in 20 minutes, watch these closely so they don’t become overcooked and mushy.  I seasoned my bowl heavily with black pepper.  Then grab a spoon and CARB IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment