Sunday, November 4, 2012

Turkey Bruchetta Panini


Anyone tired of the election yet?!?  If you would have asked me a week ago, I would have said no, I needed more time.  I was an undecided voter which was really stressing me out because I consider myself a decisive person so feeling torn on my vote was really bothering me. But decision has been made and my absentee ballot is in the mail (wheew!) so I’m ready for Election Day and an end to all those annoying political commercials and mailers!

In other (but just as important) news, Dunkin Doughnuts finally opened in Des Moines and Aaron and I stood in a line that was out the door for an hourish but the wait was well worth it!  After the ridiculous wait amongst other pajama wearers, we felt compelled to order more than we could eat.  Aaron ordered 2 breakfast sandwiches, I got a maple long john (in which I highly recommend) and a sprinkle doughnut.  Everyone raves about Dunkin Doughnut’s coffee but seriously, Aaron and I don’t think it’s that good.  We are kinda coffee snobs though and are very particular on our coffee so take our opinion with a grain of salt. But those dougnuts…mmm mmmm!   

Onto the point of this blog post, hot sandwiches are great this time of the year and I found one that is a winner at our house.  It passed the crucial delicious and easy to make test.  The turkey bruchetta panini is juicy, warm and flavorful and makes for a delicious quick lunch. Enjoy!
Turkey Bruschetta Panini recipe

2 slices Italian bread
4 slices Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Cracked Black Pepper Turkey Breast
1 Mozzarella Cheese Slice
2-4 fresh basil leaves
2 thin tomato slices
1 Tbsp. Mayo

Heat panini grill.  We don’t have a panini grill but cooking it on the stove ‘grilled cheese style’ works just as well.
Fill bread slices with turkey, cheese, basil and tomatoes.
Spread outside of sandwich with mayo.
Grill 3 min. or until golden brown.

1 comment: