Monday, September 16, 2013

The BIG News!

We have some big news.... We are expecting our first baby!  Pretty excited.  Pretty scared.  Pretty anxious.  Pretty ecstatic. Pretty much all I think about.  But one thing is for sure, there is a baby growing in me and there is no turning back now! :)  I'm 14 weeks!  The secret is finally out!  

Reading lots of baby materials!
 I've never been one I guess that has a strong maternal instinct.  I do love kids and knew I wanted to have kids but never really got a strong desire until this year.  It was more so kind of one of those things... ‘well I'm turning 32 this year, better get on it.’  But don't get me wrong, we are excited!  After realizing we could raise a puppy that is totally dependent on us, and keep her alive... well that was a good test run for us that convinced me to say, okay we can surely handle the baby thing, right?!?!  And I did find that I have a strange maternal instinct with our pup Charley.  Nothing too weird, but I do cradle my 70 lb dog like a baby and rock her back and forth in my arms.  Okay, maybe that is weird but she is my BIG baby!  So the good news is, I do have a maternal instinct, it’s definitely there. 

Charley is excited!

I am glad that Aaron and I did get 4 years of marriage of 'just us'.  I think we will make better parents because of it.  Those 4 years have been a blessing and I wouldn't have changed that time of just us at all.  I do think we are ready for this new season in our life. 

There is a "bun in the oven"!!!
 My due date is March 19th, which I think March is a great time to have a baby.  I purposely planned this timing.  I had half the summer prego-free, the last half pregnant and I could still wear my swimsuit "bump-free" so I got to enjoy summer.  My goal is to be "cute pregnant" by Christmas (although we'll see how that goes...) and then when I'm miserable in my 3rd trimester, it will be in the dead of winter, where I can just "hunker down".   I have the baby in March, maternity leave for spring so I won't have to bundle up the baby too much.  Then by summer, hopefully have a schedule down where we can enjoy summer with a baby.  That's kinda my thought process, we'll see how that all goes but I'm a planner and you better believe I'm going to try my darnest to have my ‘ideal plan’ come to fruition.  

Yes Sir-ee!  I'm PREGO! 
 So I have a pregnancy journal I've been keeping, I may be sharing that in my next blog post.  It's pretty real stuff.  Just jotted down what has been on my mind throughout the weeks.  You may find parts funny, and maybe parts a little too much as well. But it's just some honest thoughts.  I may have to 'edit/sensor' it some.  I don't know how much info you really need!  For me, I want to know EVERYTHING!  I don't want to be in the dark on anything so part of me wants to share the nitty gritty and part of me thinks I should keep it to myself.  So anyways, you may see my journal to come.

I can finally park here legitimately

Oh ya, you better believe I'm parking here! 

 You may have noticed my blogging has been lacking, so hard to hold such a secret for 14 weeks, as well as the first trimester has not been the greatest for me, I've had bouts of morning sickness and fatigue that has been consuming my life lately but I think I'm out of that phase now and feeling back to my normal self so hopefully I will have some more posts to come!  So that’s our BIG NEWS!  Baby Hyde… due March 19th

1 comment:

  1. I vote no on sensoring your journal!! I can only imagine your descriptions and I bet they are hilarious! Congrats mama! You and your bump will both be adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete