Friday, October 31, 2014

7 Months Old

 Time for Annie’s 7 month update! 
Aaron and I stood on our heads, made as many funny faces and sounds as we could, even barked and panted like a dog (I'm sure our neighbors think we are crazy) but to our best attempt...no smiles from Miss Annie for this picture.  *SIGH*

My little fashionista 
What’s new?!  Crawling.  She was taking a few strides on her hands and feet during 6 months but was mostly army crawling but once she hit 7 months old, she is now spanning some good distance on all 4s, she has this crawling thing down!  And what does she crawl for most?  Dog toys.  Yep.  We relocated Charley’s toy bin but Charley still strings them all thru the house, making it difficult to keep out of Annie’s reach.
"Where'd you put all those doggie toys?!" 
She has been pulling herself up for a while now but we officially had to lower her crib mattress all the way down, we are getting standing morning greetings, even with her sleep sack on she has figured out how to stand in her crib.  Crazy girl!  This had made putting her down for the night and for naps more challenging since she wants to stand in her crib rather than sleep; more so an issue at nap time than at night at least. 
Good Morning Sweets!
 Speaking of naps, we are still challenged in this area.  She is not getting good day time naps, it’s difficult for her to nap at daycare with all the other activity and she just wants to play. This can make for very long weekends when she won’t nap because unlike daycare, there isn’t the same level of stimulation to keep her going all day long, which usually results in some periods of fussiness but refusing to nap. I wish we could get a napping routine down but I just don’t see how we can get to that point.   
Mission: Ornery 
She loved rice cereal and took it down like a champ; baby food is a little more challenging.  We’ve tried pretty much all the level 1 foods, she fairs about the same with all of them except sweet peas, its clear she doesn’t like them.  Who wants mashed peas anyways?!  I sure don’t blame her. 
Baby Tub is packed away 
 Several weeks before daylight savings time I really started to fret.  How will we cope with this hour change coming up?!  We’ve been putting her down an hour later, and to our surprise it has resulted in her waking up an hour later than normal.  So I think we will adjust just fine this weekend but still nervous about 4:30 am wake up calls.  I can hardly complain though, she has been the easiest night sleeper, sleeping thru the night at 8 weeks old.  We haven’t had nearly the sleepless nights that I was expecting we would have.  She gets that from me, Aaron requires far less sleep than Annie and I do!

What is really interesting is to hear who people think she looks like or what features she has from Aaron and I and you know what I’ve noticed…It changes almost monthly.  One month she looks more like me, the next month she looks more like Aaron.  It’s very interesting! What do you think?!

Consistently being told she has Erin's eyes and Aaron's nose. 
Annie’s most popular nicknames that Aaron and I use are Pumpky and Sweets.  The girls at daycare like to call her Annie Bananie or Annie Bonanie. All nicknames are cool with me as long as it isn’t ever shortened to Ann.  Aaron and I are both pretty clear on that.  It’s not that I don’t like the name Ann, it’s just that when we named her Annie we were pretty particular that we don’t want it to evolve into any other name over time.  She’s my little Annie and will always be! 

Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment