Sunday, November 23, 2014

8 Months Old

8 months old, time just keeps a ticking by! 
Surprisingly, we got this pic on our first try! 
She is crawling everywhere.  No place is safe.  And it’s comical how you can always tell if she is going after something she shouldn’t be because she starts crawling really fast.  When she starts to trot with a good pace, I look ahead and see what’s in her line of vision and it’s normally a dog toy.  I scoop it up before she has a chance to catch up to it.  I’ve relocated Charley dog toys but it doesn’t prevent Charley from scattering them all over the house. 

What else is new?  Walking.  Yes I said walking!  She gets a hold of the coffee table and she holds onto it and walks all the way down it.  Toys with wheels, gets right behind them and walks all the way down our hallway.  I’m pretty darn impressed that in the 7th month she’s able to walk while holding onto something but apparently I walked on my own at 8 months (which I’m still not sure if I fully believe that to be the truth but that’s what I’m told).  And then the other day, she actually stood by herself and kept her balance for a few seconds.  WHAT!?  I thought it was a fluke but then she did it 2 more times that day.  Oh my, my Annie!  

Check out this link if you want see Annie GO!:

We are working on words.  Mama, Dada, Charley and Annie.  She does seem to do ‘dadadadadadada’ over and over but not correlating that with Dad but just her babble.  So at this point, it’s looking like she has her D’s down better than her M’s but I don’t think her true first word will be any time soon, just a lot of babbling going on right now.


Annie cannot be mellow, like ever.  I’ve grown to love that about her because it’s really one of her main personality traits.  It’s funny how we get together with friends whose babies are only a month apart and all of them will sit and play nicely but not Annie.  She’s crawling over top of the 6 month old baby, going for the fireplaces, going after the other moms, pulling hair, pulling herself up onto things she shouldn’t be, all while these other babies just sit and observe contently.  Annie is our little firecracker, that’s for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment