Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Annie's 10 Month Update

This was a highly stressful month to get her to cooperate for this picture! 
Our sweet little Annie is 10 months old!  It’s hard to believe now since we are in 2015 that her 1st bday is right around the corner.  I’ve started the initial planning of her 1st birthday already; it’s going to be awesome!

What’s new?!  Walking.  She has been doing a step or 2 on her own for the last few months but this
month I would say she officially took her first steps.  Check out the video for yourself, that’s legit if you ask me.  She isn’t exclusively walking but I feel pretty good that by her 11 month update she will be.  Go Annie, Go! Check out her video:



This girl is a go-getter!  She’s feisty, she knows what she wants, and she’s not lukewarm at all about anything.  Laid back child she is not!  If this personality of hers continues {which I’ve grown to love}, I think we will have our hands full and things will always be pretty lively keeping up with her.


We’ve finally gotten into some good napping patterns with her.  Her naps are predictable and good.  Her bottles are stretching to 4-5 hours apart, and bedtime is consistent.  We introduced solids this past month and it started out great.  She seemed really interested in them and eating them fine at daycare too.  But then the last few weeks, she’s been not having it at all, purses her lips, refusing cheerios which she did love, and will even spit the food out if I manage to get it into her mouth.  Then she doesn’t cry in the high chair but she has learned the art of screaming.  She looks at me and screams loudly.  Like a ‘get me out of this chair NOW’ scream.  I usually can win for a few minutes by giving her a MumMum (the only solid she will eat – (rice crackers)) and then once that’s gone and I try with solids again, she starts in on her screams.  Told ya… feisty!  I don’t want to force her to eat anything she doesn’t like, but I don’t feel like that’s the case though so I have to keep trying and putting up this fight with her to try to get her interested again.  It’s a delicate fight though, I don’t want to make highchair or eating solids a negative association or something that feels forced upon.  So that’s our latest battle with our little Annie who is highly stubborn with solid foods out of the blue.  
She is really loving piggy back rides lately from Daddy

Annie loves Charley.  Too much.  On the weekends I feel like all I do is police those 2.  Annie crawls all over Charley and wants to tease Charley with the dog toys.  It’s cute for a while then it’s like okay you two, that’s enough.  It usually ends up with Charley downstairs behind the baby gate just to separate them.  I can’t tell if Charley likes it or just puts up with it.  I kinda think it’s a little of both at times.

Annie is the youngest in her daycare class.  We are so lucky to have a daycare we really love and Annie does too.  BUT… we are finding out that our little Annie, the youngest baby in the class is being a bit of a bully to the other babies.  She has a tendency to jump on the other baby’s backs and try to ride them around the room.  Why am I not surprised by this?!  Oh Annie! 

Other things worthy of mentioning is her top 2 teeth came in.  We had 2 icky back to back ear infections L.  She can wave ‘bye-bye’ (although it’s not mastered yet).  And crawling up flights of stairs. 

Although she is certainly feisty and stubborn in the most innocent of ways, she is SO beyond sweet!  She’s earned a very, very special place in Aaron’s and my heart!   We just love to watch her on the monitor after she goes to sleep, just see her all curled up, peacefully sleeping.  The way she can flash a big smile across her face just gets me every time.  Although she doesn’t like to be held much, she does give the best hugs ever.  Happy 10 months Annie, you’re so super sweet, a big ball of feistiness, and so darn loveable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment