Saturday, February 21, 2015

11 Months Old

I can’t believe I’m blogging about an 11 month old!  Time is flying now.  My baby is starting to turn into a little toddler, she’s not a little baby anymore!  #Tear!

Annie is exclusively walking now.  Shortly after posting her 10 month update, she took off walking and no longer crawls.  And now that she is walking, she is EVERYWHERE!  The other day she was really on a roll, I would run to do something in the kitchen, come back out to the living and had to look to find her in her bedroom playing by herself in the dark, she’s a quick mover!   One of the sweetest things she does is while she is walking she is just smiling and giggling as she goes.  My heart stops when she is walking towards me full of happiness coming right at me, so full of life.  It’s certainly one of the most rewarding things right now is her smile, giggles and joy for life.

This girl is still throwing a fit in her highchair.  She just hates being pinned down when she know she can be on the move.  We started to get into a bad habit of feeding her while in the living room, it’s just so much easier to get her to eat when she isn’t strapped down.  I know I need to be careful doing this for several reasons, I definitely don’t want her to choke on her food when moving around but she’s also to the point where she is just having her way with us and that we need to not give into her throwing a fit in her highchair.  It’s so hard though, I am the worse when it comes to running to her rescue when she throws a fit and giving into her every demand.  Aaron on the other hand, is better at not giving in as quickly as I do.   I just hate seeing my baby cry so if she wants something I’m the total pushover that gives in to her instantly to stop the tears.  I’m going to have to not be such a softy and let her know that being in the highchair isn’t a choice during feeding time.  

This past month Annie did get a really bad cold that kept her home for a few days with an ear infection.   During the last 45 days, she has had 3 ear infections that have just been a real struggle for all.  We are pretty certain her last cold was our fault, we had her out and about on a cold weekend.  I cannot wait for warmer months, right now we are stuck inside and after the last illness, I’m definitely not taking her out and exposing her to getting sick again.  UGH, winter go away, us Hyde’s are getting cabin fever and need to get out of the house!

Annie still isn’t really talking, no first words really.  But she definitely understands what we say and am beyond impressed with what she knows.  She has finally gotten bored with Charley and stopped crawling all over her but will not leave the dog toys alone.  When Annie has a dog toy, I look at her and say take it to Charley, she turns around, looks at Charley, walks over and gives it to her.  9 times out of 10 she will do it.  I’m blown away by what she comprehends.

Speaking of Charley, that dog is amazing with her.  The other day, Annie grabbed Charley’s nose and dug her fingernails into it and literally tore a piece of skin right off Charley’s nose and it started bleeding.  Charley had zero reaction but it definitely hurt because she started pawing at her own nose.  I was impressed with how Charley handled that.   The only times we have troubles with Charley and Annie together is when guests are over.  Charley is so zero’d in on the guests that she will plow over Annie to get attention.  Charley doesn’t do this intentionally, I don’t even think she realizes she does it, she is just such a big dog and goes completely nuts when people are over.  
  

I can’t wait to celebrate Annie’s 1st birthday.  It’s coming up so fast.  Invites are out, cake is ordered, and party planning is in the works!  I’m hand-making all of her decorations, you will be impressed!  I’m getting her memory book and pictures all scrapbooked; it’s a lot of work but she is just so special, that birthday party is really going to be a memory we are going to treasure, so pumped for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment