Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hyde Happenings

I always enjoy looking back and reading my posts, remembering tidbits of what was going on in our life at that point in time.  Most of the time, it’s the mundane stuff that happens that makes our life the most ‘eventful’.  SO… starting a new post series called Hyde’s Happenings.  Here’s the mundane, every day stuff that goes on in our household, specific to this past week…  

I’ve watched more Bachelor in Paradise this week than the Olympics, which is a sad admission.  Seriously, 2 nights ABC?!  Do I really need 2 hours of this garbage?  No.  But I still tune in.

Speaking of the Olympics, have you checked out Boomer Phelp’s Instagram page?  Gah!  Just stop the cuteness overload now… him and Claire would be the perfect match someday.
I went to pick my dog up from Doggy Daycare the other day and granted she doesn’t go to daycare as much as she use to but still frequent enough that they should know who my dog is.  The girl went back to get my dog, came back without her and had to have another girl go back and get her as she couldn’t tell the Doodles apart.  I overheard another girl yell out “It’s the one you have to force to go outside!”  LOL!  Yep, that’s her.  Charley loves nothing more than air conditioning and 700 thread count sheets.

Annie has been sick for the last week and is on an oral steroid to try to rapidly make her better as this Friday she is getting her ear tubes replaced.  Claire is getting over her first bad diaper rash and stomach bug and then this morning Charley got sick and is now at the vet’s office.  All week I can’t decide if I need a second cup of coffee, a bottle of wine or a crazy pill.  Seriously…What.A.Week.
While at the doctor’s office this week, I was asked for Annie’s birthday.  Anymore I have to stop and think to not confuse Claire and Annie’s dates and all I can think is how in the world do the Duggar’s do it?  Last I knew, they have 19 kid’s birthdays, I would never be able to keep all those straight.  Sometimes it’s the little stuff like this that confirms I can’t handle having more than 2 kids.  

I got invited by a friend to go to a Steven Tyler concert this week.  I don’t even care for Steven Tyler but anything to get out of the house and hang out with a friend for a night I’m game for.  I heard he now sings country, I just can’t quite imagine how that sounds but guess I’ll be finding out.
I’ve had a slight addiction to Boom Chica Boom Sweet and Salty Popcorn lately.  Thanks to Costco samples, I now can’t get enough of it and even Aaron is hooked.

Earlier this week my friend and I were texting at what we would be a Gold Medalist at.  I said I would get the Gold for smelling out poopy diapers, I can sniff those out in a heartbeat.  I don’t even have to verify to know if it was a kid or my husband who passed gas.  I know the difference.  My friend said she’d get the Gold in sneakily throwing out her kid’s crap.  That rock her kid can’t do without?  Sneaked in the trash.  A piece of cardboard they can’t let go of?  You betcha she can get that in the trash without them knowing.  What do you Gold medal in?
Per usual, I set frozen chicken out yesterday morning thinking we would be grilling out that night and what do you know, still frozen by the time I got home.  How have I not learned by this now?  Plan ‘B’ dinners are a pretty frequent occasion in our house. 

I heard on the radio the other day that the average age when you start falling out of the loop on current music and the top hottest artists is age 42.  Wheew, I have 7 more years of listening to Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift & Beyonce before I’m officially ‘uncool’ and out of know with the younger crowd.  I still got it until then.   (PS, the only Bieber song I really like is "Love Yourself", otherwise he is already uncool in my books).
There you have it, the latest happenings in the life of the Hyde’s!  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love that sweet and salty popcorn!! I'm not a fan of their other flavors they have but I picked some up in the airport last week and man is it delicious!! Hope Miss Annie, Miss Claire and Charley are on the mend. Bailey has been sick too. Right after coming out of camp/vacation. Bummer dogs have to share their germs with each other just like kids do!

    ReplyDelete