Friday, September 30, 2016

Hyde Happenings

Another edition of the Hyde’sHappenings, just a random post of what’s up in our life recently.

I’ve had a pretty bad cold all week long.  It really had me down at the beginning of this week and I’m still fighting it but on the uphill swing of it {I think}.  Aaron and Annie got a touch of it but luckily they seem to be avoiding the worst of it so far.  I’ve had to cancel plans all week, no fun at all!

We have family pictures this weekend, in which I think I will be able to manage thru by then.  Technically it’s Claire’s 6 month pictures, although she just turned 5 months a few days ago and we are counting to get some family ones for this year’s Christmas card.  Getting both girls to cooperate for pictures is pretty much hellish.  We always, always get good pictures so I don’t know why I go into these worried but I do.

Annie has been a bit of a handful lately; she always is but lots of tantrums over everything!  I don’t know if we are just hitting the mid terrible 2s or what.  I was recommended to try the method 1-2-3 Magic by Dr. Phelan, I have them on hold at the Library.  Guess what our Friday night will involve?  Watching the 1-2-3 Magic DVD on positive disciplining, yippee! {Insert sarcasm}

Last weekend we had our first annual neighborhood block party and it was great!  We met so many awesome neighbors, many in which have young kids, lots of girls both Annie and Claire’s age.  Everyone is so nice; I feel like we get along with many of them.  We are looking into starting a Bunco club.  I know nothing about Bunco but I do like the idea of getting together with the ladies in my neighborhood, drinking wine and having the convenience of walking home after.

My Grandma wants to take the girl’s Christmas shopping in the coming weeks.  My gosh, I haven’t given Christmas much thought at all!  I need to start compiling some lists but it’s tough because Annie interests changes so often.  This week it’s Daniel Tiger, next week it’s back to Mickey Mouse.  She’s kinda over Dora.  I have no idea what she’ll be into come Christmas. 

But I do know what I’m into.  Athleta.  We got a store here in Des Moines back in June and I have a shopping addiction there.  Have you ever tried their swimsuits?  They are the best, and the perfect amount of coverage for this mid-30’s body.  I like their apparel better than Lululemon and it fits me better too.  I just wish it wasn’t so expensive!  I’m sitting here decked out in a new Athleta outfit and I must say I’m in love with their clothes!   A friend of mine just tried Fabletics and was really happy with her first purchase so I need to check them out.  I was wearing a strappy Athleta top and running errands the other day, I must admit I felt a bit like Christina El Moussa all day, I’m loving the trendy loungewear movement.

I might have bought tickets to see the Rockettes this year.  At ‘thee one and only’ Radio City Music Hall in NYC.  During the holiday season.  Pretty pumped about it.

Aaron has several work trips coming up in October where I’ll be ‘single parenting’ for a few days here and there.  It’s something I dread.  Being outnumbered kids to adult is terrifying to me.  And the thought of getting myself ready and 2 other very dependent kids ready and out the door during the week is a serious task.  On the flip side, it sounds like a good excuse to treat myself to a Starbucks breakfast every morning between daycare drop off and work #winningwhenican. 


Claire is so close to rolling over!  I can’t believe she just turned 5 months old, time is really flying with her.  She is such a happy baby and so easy going.  She really loves watching her sister.  Annie is so good with Claire still.  I thought for sure Annie would be sick of her after a few weeks of joining our family but not the case at all!  Annie absolutely adores Claire and it’s the best thing ever.

And that’s about it, life has been pretty low-key around here and that’s just fine by me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment