Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vacation!

At the beginning of the year, Aaron and I discussed our goals, plans, and reviewed our finances so we could decide what lies ahead for 2011. One thing that we talked about is the importance of taking a vacation, whether that means just a few days not too far away or miles away, just to make sure we get away and take time to enjoy life together.

This year we are fortunate enough to choose from our top 3 vacation choices, New York City, Colorado, or a tropical cruise. We narrowed New York out. You may think we are crazy but we would rather go on a nature adventure in Colorado than a tropical cruise.

So we are going to Colorado this year!!! We are just in our beginning stages of planning this trip, so any ideas/input are welcomed. Plan is late June for 6-7 days.

Our hopes are to see as much of Colorado’s beauty as we can. Some things we are looking into is white water rafting, scenic drives/outlooks, Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, a date night in downtown Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder, a brewery tour, etc. Since I’m not a risk taker, some of these activities are going to totally freak me out, I’ve already cut out zip lining, the Royal Gorge and the Pikes Peak train because I think I would seriously pee my pants, puke or pass out (or all 3!) but I’m willing to put myself out there with white water rafting and getting up into some higher elevations.

This is going to keep me busy. You know how much of an organizer/planner I am. I am going to have this trip planned out down to the minute and we will have printed itineraries to stay on track. I’m in full research mode and already started several excel templates (as I spreadsheet every aspect of my life like an accounting nerd would!) I may even have to splurge on a new athletic outdoorsy outfit. Anyone have hiking boots in a size 6.5 I could borrow?!?! Think I’m going to need a pair!

2 comments:

  1. If you want to go rafting in Colorado you should definitely check out Wilderness Aware Rafting. Lots of difficulty options for ya (so you could limit the peeing, puking or passing out). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I definitely appreciate it and will check it out :)

    ReplyDelete