Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Jam

Friday night we went to Winter Jam down at the Wells Fargo Arena. These bands rocked the stage:

Chris August • Sidewalk Prophets • KJ-52 • NewSong • RED • Kutless • Francesca Battistelli • David Crowder Band • Newsboys

All of them were great, such a high energy concert, but my favorites were David Crowder and Francesca Battistelli (although Francesca didn’t sing my favorite song “It’s My Life” but she sang a lot of my other favorites). The only band I wasn’t familiar with was RED, Aaron was familiar with them but I’ve never heard of them before. 

We were told it sells out every year and I have to believe the concert was sold out again this year. $10 general admission for 10 well known bands, that is one heck of a deal, not surprising it sells out the entire Wells Fargo Arena. The concert lasted 4+ hours but didn't feel like it at all, every band played around 5 songs, which is nice because that meant they played their more popular songs.  Winter Jam comes to Des Moines every year and we will definitely go to it again next year!  I took some videos on my phone which actually turned out really good but have spent all weekend trying to figure out how to upload them and giving up.  But I do have some pictures from the concert!


Brooklyn, Tina and I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment