Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Party Time

Last weekend Aaron and I had a little summer party at our house. We were last minute on getting the invites out but still ended up having 25 of our friends over for it. I made tons and tons of food! We had burgers, hot dogs, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, potato chips, french onion dip, cheese & crackers, graham crackers with banana rum cream cheese dip, rice crispy treats, 3 different flavors of cupcakes and lots of good beverages from lemonade to strawberry soda to beer and wine.

We had quite the spread!
 
It was very hot though! The original plan was to keep everyone on the deck but since it was so hot, we were inside most of the time. Throwing a party is fun; I love the preparation that goes into a party and the actual hosting of it. We’ve been invited to a handful of summer parties this year and have a few more coming up to attend; gotta love summer ‘fun in the sun’ parties!

So I was too busy hosting and didn’t take any pictures during the party, but here is some pre-party ones…

I used every inch of my counter space!

Desserts!



I got the recipe for these from my friend Sarah's blog, oh man they were a lot of work! But they were a big hit with everyone and were yummy!  

Extra big rice crispy treats

1 comment:

  1. Love the cupcakes--I need to get me one of the cupcake stands! Weren't they so fun to make? Glad they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete