Monday, December 12, 2011

Beef Stew (Yes I said BEEF)

There is only one meal in my house where beef is allowed in a recipe and that is my beef stew recipe (well actually it’s my mom’s recipe I had growing up). I don’t eat the beef in the stew but I love the flavoring and aroma that it gives. Now settle down… the beef does not go to waste; Aaron eats every bit of it.

I have tried other beef stew recipes purely out of curiosity and my mom’s version is hands down the best and actually the easiest one too! And what I really love is that I can use my crock pot… there is no better cooking I love more than crock pot cooking!

• One bag of red potatoes – quarter up (in big chucks) most all the potatoes and lay half down in the crock pot

• A package of stewing meat already diced up and put on top of potatoes

• Layer next almost all of a package of carrots

• Top with remaining potatoes

• Mix one dry envelope of Lipton Beefy Onion soup with 2 C. of water and pour into crock pot. Add 2 more cups of water. Add 2 beef bouillon cubes and cook on high for 3-4 hours.

Yummers in my tummers!  A good one for December!

No comments:

Post a Comment