Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes

Thank you Kraft magazine for a great crock pot recipe I tried last weekend. Of course I was ecstatic to find I can use my favorite kitchen appliance for this, my handy-dandy crock pot.

I thought the chicken kind of had a rotisserie flavor to it which I wasn’t expecting and was delish!


Ingredients:
1 chopped green pepper (HYDE TIP: buy a bunch of peppers, chop them, bag them in one cup increments, freeze them, we use peppers in so many meals, it really does save time to prep them in bulk)

1 bag of small red potatoes, sliced thinly

4 chicken breasts

1 tsp of Paprika (I probably used twice as much, I just shook a bunch on)

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce

4 oz of Velveeta Cheese

Place peppers in bottom of crock pot. Spray with cooking spray. Cover with potatoes. Top with chicken. Sprinkle paprika over chicken. Top with soup. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and veggies from crock pot. With sauce in crock pot, add Worcestershire sauce and stir in cheese until melted, pour over chicken/veggies.

I’ve lately discovered that Pacific Foods carry a soup line that is gluten-free and organic. I’ve used their cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups in several recipes and recommend the brand. It comes in a really cute box that has a cleaver way of opening and is affordable. Super Target and Hy-Vee carry this brand.

1 comment:

  1. This looks tasty! We might have to try it in the Austerman house soon! :)

    ReplyDelete