Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Easy Buttercream Frosting


Not only do I love my Taste of Home subscription, but I also love the monthly emails that come with the subscription for the top recipes of the month. In one of these lovely emails, was a recipe for Easy Buttercream Frosting. Of course, to my liking, they had a picture of this on a cupcake. Being the cupcake fanatic I am… I had to try it!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Easy-Vanilla-Buttercream-Frosting/

What I loved about this recipe is at the bottom, all the variations you can make. To say I love almond extract would be an understatement and so I couldn’t wait to try that variation.

I decided to make cupcakes out of a boxed devil’s food mix. The almond frosting was super easy to make, the measurements they give in the recipe makes the perfect amount and the consistency was perfection. These cupcakes were by far, hands down, some of the best cupcakes I’ve ever made! I could definitely give Paula Dean a run for her money with these delectable tasty babies.

With the leftover frosting, I got out some Nilla Wafers and scooped up a heap on a cookie. Taste just like Dunakaroos! Remember those as a kid?!?! Holy sugar overload, my diet went out the window!


Also have to brag up my wonderful batter dispenser. I love cupcakes but having to deal with getting batter all over the place was too much of a hassle. Well at Christmas I wanted this nifty batter dispenser and it makes life so much easier! Now it isn’t good for thick batters, I’ve tried it… but great for cupcakes and pancakes. I also love the size of the canister, makes it easy to clean. You just pour the batter in at the top, put the lid on and hold the handle down to release the batter until desired amount has been dispensed. No mess, no batter strung all over… it’s great! Even has measurements markings along the side if you want to be real precise. Bed Bath and Beyond, $15. Well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment