Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bye Bye Cellulite!

Thought I would blog about what has been keeping me busy in my spare time… working out. I’m not someone who really enjoys working out, I don’t mind it but I definitely have my days where staying motivated is very hard. With a tropical vacation coming up, I’ve been crunching it extra hard at the gym. A few weeks ago, I was feeling disappointed in the progress I was making but I continued to log my exercises and now reflecting back on February, I’m actually feeling pretty good about what I accomplished:

- I have made a point to work out at least 4-5 days a week

- During the month I ran 40.52 miles

- My strength training is improving

- I’ve lost 3 pounds this month

- I reactivated my Body Bugg

I tried on my swimsuit last weekend, and I’m feeling a little bit better. Progress is slow but like they say… however long it took to put the weight on, it takes twice as long to take it off. UGG! I have 8 pounds to lose to get back to my goal weight which is still do-able by our vacation time.

My diet has gotten better but still a struggle. There are definitely days where I just crave a big gooey cinnamon roll for breakfast, ordering a large cheese pizza all to myself and then having alfredo pasta for dinner and top that off with a piece of tiramisu cake, and then a Taco Bell run for a late night snack.  Ha! But instead, I have been resorting to salads, fruit, and yogurt.  Blah.

I have also starting tanning. A little color always makes me feel better. As well as starting to use this special toning serum to improve my skin’s elasticity; it’s rough being 30! LOL!
What I need to focus on during March:

- Better eating habits

- Shoot for 5-6 days a week at the gym

- Lose an additional 3-4 pounds

- Run 50 miles

- Stay motivated!

That last one can be particularly challenging!!

Now for some comical relief…

- Right before I started getting back into the gym, one of the trainers approached Aaron and asked “Is your wife still a member of this gym? I haven’t seen her here in forever!” How embarrassing…the employees had taken notice I hadn’t been to the gym lately.

- When I do workout videos at home, Charley thinks I want to play when I’m jumping around. Sometimes it’s quite a workout to try to do my workout with her trying to pounce on me at the same time.

- When I Google my workout video for “8 minute abs” I also get “8 minute mini rolls”… talk about tempting!

- As I was gathering my belongings at the gym one day, I could not find my purse. I totally freaked out and told the front desk someone stole my purse. I had quite a few people searching the gym for my purse as I was growing increasingly hysterical. Finally one of the trainers goes “Do you carry your car keys in your coat pocket?” Why yes I do. “Well do you think you left it at your work then?” CRAP. I wanted to hide under a treadmill… he was right, I left it at work. Here I am hysterical, making accusations that someone stole my purse and I was the idiot that left it at work.  Oh it's funny now I suppose!

1 comment:

  1. I got a kick out of this one! You crack me up...laughed out loud at the google for "8 minute mini rolls"! Shane and I still do the good 'ol 8 minute abs dvd! I think of our college days every time I do them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete