Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been having a mad craving for a big, soft, rich chocolate chip cookie.  So what's a girl to do but whip up a batch!

I've been eyeing this recipe for some time now... trying not to give in to my inner fat girl screaming at me to make them.  But I caved.  How could I not?!?  Look at what I was seeing on paper!  I had to put it in a laminate sleeve just so I wouldn't drool on it.


So away I went, I was practically skipping to the kitchen in delight to make them.


And before they were even baked, I knew these were going to be GLORIOUS.


As I turned on the oven light and saw them rising to perfection, I did one of these moves:  



AND I PROUDLY PULLED THEM OUT OF THE OVEN AND ADMIRED MY WORK...


Now that is what I call a COOKIE!  The chocolate wasn't even cooled yet, warm and delectable!


BIG SOFT RICH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.  I'm not quite sure how many I ate, but it's safe to say I had my fair share.



Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe



Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs  
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
  • Shape quarter cupfuls of dough into balls. Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • To bake, place dough balls 3 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb, reshaping sides to smooth any cracks. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  • Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool. Yield: 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment