Monday, March 25, 2013

Roasted Garlic, Chicken Herb White Pizza



Whenever the weekend rolls around... I start thinking FOOD.  A lot of the time, our weekend's highlight is having a good meal out or trying a new recipe, or typically both.  This weekend was no different.  

My Saturday mornings usually start off with a big cup of coffee, toast or some waffles and immersing myself into a good session of the Food Network.  Starting off with Paula's Best Dishes, then Pioneer Woman, Trisha's Southern Cooking and Giada.  I SO look forward to my Saturday morning Food Network time!  I've been rethinking the whole Accountant thing, I really want my own cooking show, HA.  Although I'm not too serious, I mean balance sheets and income statements is really more my 'thing' but how fun would that be?!

Friday night I made a scrumptious roasted garlic, chicken herb white pizza, in which I'm about to enlighten you with.  And Saturday night entailed dinner out to Django with 2 other couples.  I LOVE Django not only for their food but because you can bring your own bottle(s) of wine to the restaurant with NO corkage fee.  The restaurant has a charming/romantic atmosphere and offers wonderful french cuisine.  We've been there multiple times and I highly recommend it!


On to the recipe portion of this post...

I love alfredo pizza but it's ridiculously high in calories!  This pizza is a bit healthier and still has a rich flavorful white sauce as it's base and super duper easy to whip up.  I decided to not tell Aaron that I wasn't going to make the pizza this time with just an olive oil base and let him figure out there was a white sauce on this pizza and he knew in the first bite there was something gloriously divine on that crust!  MM MMM!  It most definitely was yummers in our tummers!

The garlicy cheese sauce
Spreads over the pizza crust in a heavenly gooziness 
Top with chicken, cheese and herbs and it's a scrumptious bite!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound pizza dough
  • 1 Tbls butter
  • 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • ½ cup skim milk
  • ¼ cup half and half
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1½ cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
  • ¼ cup red onion, diced
  • ¾ cup Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • 1 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
  2. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
  3. Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
  4. Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
  5. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
  6. Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white cause over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
  7. Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
  8. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.

Source: http://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/roasted-garlic-chicken-herb-white-pizza-sundaysupper/



No comments:

Post a Comment