Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cancun 2013 In Pictures

Our trip was great!  We stayed at the Live Aqua All Inclusive Resort, I will do a travel blog post review on the resort in the next few days but we loved it and I do highly recommend it.  This resort was rated #5 in Travel + Leisure Magazine for their list of world's top beach resorts and #2 of 176 hotels in Cancun on TripAdvisor... from our experience it is deserving of it's ratings!

Early flight out of Des Moines meant getting to Cancun by noon!

6 AM flight departure

It's EARLY but ready to roll! 

And we are here!  Arrived on schedule and sitting down for lunch!  The Sea Corner was great, good views and great seafood.

Early departure meant arriving in time for lunch! 

At the Sea Corner Restaurant 
I ate so much guacamole last week I'm surprised I'm not turning GREEN!

Our lunch view, the guacamole was sooo good!  The cold margaritas were tasty. 

Shade, Shade, Shade!  That sun was INTENSE!  Never felt hot because it was very breezy, felt good but easy to get burned if aren't careful.  We luckily never got burned.

Setting up shop for the afternoon
The ocean is ridiculously turquoise!  It was picture perfect everywhere you looked!  We were right smack in the middle of our dreamy beach vacation.

Ahhhh!!! 

The water was beautiful!
Aaron got less brave throughout the trip, the waves were powerful and I think he realized it more and more that it's not the safest further out.

Aaron swimming in the ocean

The water was very salty but clear

Beautiful day
My favorite spot was a the infinity pool.  The resort has lots of pools, all varying in temperatures.  They all felt great.


In the infinity pool 

This pictures makes me laugh, I call it the boblehead effect

This infinity pool was one of my favorite spots

One drink for each hand?  Sounds about right. 

The beach at our resort was a view we never got sick of looking at

All food we ate was great.  We ate every meal on the resort since it was an All Inclusive and we ate and ate and ate and ate... I haven't weighed myself since we've been back, kinda scared too!

All cleaned up and off to dinner

Dinner on Azur's oceanfront deck

Great view, great company!

Ending the evening at Eggos Bar

I was super tired that first night 

DAY 2:
Day 2, getting going 

Just as good as Day 1 

Enjoying the beach 

Swimming in the waves

The water was extremely salty, the showers were nice to rinse off before heading up to the pools
Rinsing off the salty water

Swim up Bar

Morning drinks at the swim up bar

Pretty drinks 

Papaya tree perhaps?  

The resort was lush and green 

Back at Azur for lunch 

The infinity pool 

Hot dogs for a snack 

Relaxing 

Another favorite spot of mine 

Walking on the beach, drawing in the sand

Jumping into the ocean

Aaron's jumping shot
We didn't take any shells back with us.  For several reasons... I'm not much of a souvenir person, my pictures are my souvenirs.  And secondly, I didn't want to deal with extra nonsense going thru customs at the airport.  
Part of a sand dollar 

taking a stroll on the beach 

The sand was super soft everywhere 

We loved sitting (swinging) at this bar 

Too fun to drink and swing

And the view behind us isn't too bad either!

How can we not smile?!?!  Loving Cancun!

A shot called Mexican Water (aka Tequila Silver).  I barely choked mine down, yuck!

Dinner at MB

All the food was so good 

Chocolate ice cream for dessert

Full and ready to head to a fire show on the beach
Their were numerous activities at the resort, we attended only one, the fire show which was pretty awesome.
Fire show drum players

This fire show on the beach was pretty cool

Very talented folks 

Entertained! 
DAY 3:
Breakfast Day 3
Across the street from the hotel was a big mall, we wondered thru it one evening.
Lagoon view from hotel 

Setting up for another day at the beach


Is it beautiful every single day in Cancun?  Sure seems to be! 


Off to a good start


Just chillin' in the sand 



Another walk on the beach and finding more shells 

Found our way to the bar with swings

The pools here are beyond wonderful! 

Overlooking infinity pool
Had several lizard encounters.  They were huge!

This little guy joined us at the lunch Sea Corner 

Live Aqua's resident parrots 

These guys were fun

Parrots!


Fish on toast? Sure! 


Drink in each hand, kinda how it goes when in Mexico!

Watched a wedding ceremony from the pool 

At the Lagoon 


Sea Lion/Dolphin show.  This sea lion was so darn cute, he did so many tricks, I  thought the sea lion was better than the dolphin portion of the show

Dolphin show
This dolphin could jump high out of the water


Lagoon at sunset

Eat, Sleep, Drink, Swim, Repeat! 


Romantic dinner at Azur 

DAY 4:
Day 4! 




chair massages on the beach each day



A little champagne in the pool for the morning start


The infinity pool all to ourselves


This infinity pool was huge



View from further back in infinity pool

Plenty tanned by this day

More fun at the bar

The view from our room

Another dip in the ocean


I didn't get in the ocean much further than this most of the time

But on a rare occasion I would get out there a little further

Room service in the hotel bath robes 

DAY 5:
Last day at breakfast (sad face) 


Last day spent by pool without suits 






Wearing my latest favorite shirt "You Cat to be Kitten me right MEOW"  Got it a few weeks ago and think it's pretty darn funny and I don't even like cats that much but I wear this shirt as often as I can

Waiting for our cab

Lizard crossing! 

Who says you can't have fun at the airport? 

This hat is so YOU! 

Tiny hats too!

I have pictures of the resort itself, I didn't post many here because I want to talk about the resort in a post of it's own.  Watch for it in the coming days!  WE MISS YOU, CANCUN!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the excellent tour! I'll be going to this resort for my honeymoon and your pictures gave me an excellent impression and I'm more excited than ever! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete