Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle

Feeling like something super rich, chocolate-y peanut buttery and super easy to make?   No need to look any further, I got your fix right here fellow blog followers!

It's pretty rich, a little bit goes a LONG ways so I'm forewarning you, don't go doubling the recipe.  I'm one of those that quadruples a recipe for feeding 3, because you never know who has an endless appetite (*cough*... my husband).  I actually cut back this recipe slightly and was served to 10+ people for our family brunch a few weekends ago and there was plenty to go around.

I just love whipping up a trifle, they are so easy, pretty, and you can't go wrong with layering anything on top of each other especially when it's sweet.  I love the presentation, it's kind of the center piece of the menu or a grand finale.

So I know, I know... you are about to look at the recipe below and go 'but you said a few posts back you don't like brownies!  At.All.'  Which is true my friends, but for some reason they taste good when you cover them up with a bunch of moist, whipped ingredients.  So let me be a little more clearer... I don't like brownies by themselves.  Wheew, glad we got that cleared up!

Look at that folks, that is one mighty good lookin' trifle!

The mini pb cups just tickled me pink, how cute are they!?! 

Serve it up! 
Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle 

Ingredients


  • 1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
  • 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
  • 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
  • 4 cups cold 2% milk
  • 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed (I only used 2 cartons)

Directions

  • Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
  • Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
  • Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).

No comments:

Post a Comment