Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2 Weeks Old

We are 2 weeks old and so far so good!  We are sleeping mostly thru the night the last 4 nights.  I'm sure that will change but I'll take it for now!  At our 2 week appointment she had surpassed her birth weight and grew 1/2 inch.  7 1/2 lbs, 20.5 inches.  Looks like we hopefully won't be short like her Mama.  Aaron is thrilled that she has more of my skin tone and not his.  We don't think she looks much like either one of us, been told she looks like a good mix of both of us, which I would agree.  Right now, it's way too early to tell what characteristics she will form.  Since her weight is good, we can stick with our feeding schedule and the Pediatrician said we can go up to 5 hours if she is content without feeding and I can feed her as much as she wants so that seems easy enough.  I do not enjoy nursing, it's tiring and time consuming but we are lucky, she is a good nurser and my body produces plenty of food for her so I know it's best for both her and me so we will keep at it.

Her afternoon naps right after lunch seem to be the best.  I get a nap in then myself, which has been nice.  I'm working on healing from my surgery.  I was doing good but then had a set back yesterday and was feeling a lot of pain.  It's tough for me to not be up and moving around like I want to without feeling the effects of surgery.  I also can't wait to start exercising again.  I'm losing the weight but just feel real self-conscious still about my tummy.  I lost 16 lbs in week 1 (not that impressive considering 7 lbs baby, several pounds fluid, several pounds placenta) and in week 2 I lost 4 lbs so I have 10 more pounds to go to get back to my pre-baby weight.  I'm sure those 10 lbs will take a little more time.  And then toning up will be my next hurdle.  Enough about me though, back to Annie!  Here is her 2 week photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment