Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Italian Chicken & Penne

Found another good recipe from my Taste of Home Diet Comfort Foods cookbook, which I completely recommend to buy.  This one is a mouth full of delicious flavors.  What really caught my eye about this recipe was the fact that you use pizza sauce.  Very interesting and it works!  The green pepper and grape tomatoes are not only healthy ingredients but gives it the perfect zest. 


I located the recipe on the website, here is the link: 

As always, I NEVER chop onions or mince garlic because I'm a super lazy cook so I used my spice drawer options.  I used canned mushrooms, because again I'm lazy, and gluten free noodles.  But don't do what I did and throw a whole bag of penne noodles in... I made 16 oz and had Aaron call his friend at the last minute to come eat dinner with us because I had a ridiculous amount of pasta made!  Luckily when I make way too much, Aaron's friends will come over on little notice and eat so I don't have to have left overs for a week solid.  What is funny to me is they never ask what it is they are coming to dinner for, they just show up and eat whatever is prepared.  

P.S. This dish pairs good with a nice glass of red wine... or the whole bottle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment