Sunday, March 6, 2011

Product Reviews

I was at Super Target the other day, one of my favorite places to roam around and I do almost all of my grocery shopping there and came across a lot of new products I decided to try and review.  My reviews are from 1-10, 10 being the highest. 

Dean's Lite French Onion Dip. Okay, so you are probably wondering why I am reviewing French Onion Dip.  What caught my eye about it is that it's Lite.  I've tried fat free and it is gross.  I was very interersted in the lite version because I can seriously eat a whole bag of Ruffles and dip in nearly one sitting.  This one is okay and much healthier but I do plan to go back to the good ol' AE fatty french onion dip with my occasional ruffle binge.  Overall Rating: 6.

I came across in the frozen section Amy's Bowl products.  We tried Country Cheddar and Mexican Casserole.  The Mexican Casserole is gluten free.  It was a little bland but Aaron scoop it into corn tortillas and added a little cheese and he really liked it.  The country cheddar bowl was very good.  Note, it does have tofu in it, which didn't bother me, I like tofu; all the ingredients taste of high quality and were organic.  The only downside is these take an hour to cook, I'm going to microwave them next time and see if they are just as good.  Overall rating: 9.  Will buy again and Amy's has a bunch of different frozen products so interested in trying some more!

Skinny Cow products are freakin amazing!  These fudge pops are 50 calories each, you can eat two and not feel guilty.  A winner and the taste is so good you would not believe these are low fat.  Overall Rating: 10.  Defintely never buying any other fudge pops but these. 

And by the way, Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwiches are amazing too!  140 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, I can barely finish one they are so big...is this for real?!?!  Yes and will never again buy any other ice cream sandwiches.   So impressed with Skinny Cow, they are super tasty!  The ice cream sandwiches actually comes in a lot of different flavors, can't wait to try some new flavors!

Archer Farms Grilled Vegetable Burrito.  These burritos are gross.  Overall Rating: 0.  Never will buy again.


Annie's Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese.  Not exactly like Kraft but not bad.  I liked it, Aaron loved it.  I was impressed with the noodles, many gluten free noodles become mushy when boiling and these didn't.  Just as easy to cook as a box of Kraft which is always a big plus for me.  Overall Rating: 8.  Would buy again.

Fiber One Frozen Muffins.  I love Fiber One products so it was a no brainer for me to try the frozen muffins.  So what is Fiber One's logo... 'cardboard no, delicious yes.'   They got their logo wrong on this one... delicious no, cardboard yes.  They aren't horrible but the top of the muffin or muffin top (I don't know if I have ever used this phrase in the proper terms :)  is what tasted like cardboard.  Overall Rating: 4.  Will not buy again.
Archer Farms Chicken Black Bean Burrito.  Gross Gross Gross.  Never buy again.  Overall Rating: 0
So why I am reviewing cookies that have been around forever?  Because they are 120 calorie packs so I am reviewing based on if these packs are enough to satisfy for a snack or a supplement to a lunch.  And yes they are.  I completely forgot how good the old fashion animal cookies are, I feel like a kid biting off the head of my zebra cookie.  Overall Rating: 8.  Will buy again.

Yep, my life is pretty boring, this is all I have to blog about!  :)

1 comment: