Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Taco Bell vs. Fruit Kabobs

This past Sunday, Aaron and I were relaxing after returning from a busy weekend out of town and in the middle of the afternoon, he asks me if we can go to Taco Bell for a snack.  You know you have a problem when you think of Taco Bell as a snack!  I'd be lying if I'd say I wasn't feeling like having a few crunchy tacos myself at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon but decided to be strong headed and refuse Aaron his Taco Bell.  Instead, I decided to whip up a special treat.  Something I saw on the Food Network recently that Giada had my full attention on.  Fruit Kabobs!

Pinapple, strawberries, grapes, bananas, melted chocolate drizzed on top and some crushed walnuts & pecans sprinkled to finish. Set in fridge for a few minutes and this beats the socks off of Taco Bell!  I normally would never go to this much work for a snack but Giada had me motivated to make some fruit kabobs and then my husband further motivated me to prove we can do better than Taco Bell for an afternoon snack! 

2 comments:

  1. First of all, yum! =) I feel like I should be eating those...I think I've had about 12 cookies in the past 2 days. That's not a joke either. Second, I like the look of your blog. It's very clean and elegant and I love the black and white photo of the two of you! To me, even though your blog is simple, it's professional. I've been obsessing over mine. Once I start something like that, I can't finish until it's perfect. It's getting there. Geesh good thing I don't have a lot of school work to do right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Yes your friend Jackie was a ton of help! I read any random blog I come across and liked the look of hers so I asked for her help! =)

    ReplyDelete