Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Our 2nd Anniversary

This past weekend Aaron and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary! Leading up to our anniversary, I made a point to tell Aaron that we can just keep it low key and suggested that we get all the housework done that Friday night so that Saturday and Sunday could just be relax days. So Saturday we planned to go shopping. We decided not to buy each other gifts as we planned to just do a little mini shopping spree that day. Aaron was a very good sport with this idea considering the Hawks were playing, but I did agree to eat lunch at Cheesecake Factory’s bar so he could catch the game… so I guess I was a good sport about that too.

That evening we had dinner at CafĂ© Di Scala. We had never been before and what a really unique place! The restaurant is very small/private, like 15 small tables or so. It’s in an old Victorian house in the Sherman Hill neighborhood, very charming/romantic setting.

Zucchini all Griglia (grilled zucchini)

Cavetlli di Lemmo (Traditional noodles/marina)

Tagliatelle (pasta in cream with roasted fennel)

Tiramisu, Italian Wedding Cake and some really good coffee
Sunday we just chilled at home. That evening we cooked dinner together. We turned on some music, poured some wine and began whipping up dinner from scratch. Aaron is awesome at helping in the kitchen and does whatever I ask him to (i.e. honey please peel those potatoes :) ) which makes cooking much more enjoyable. We tried out some new recipes, chicken marsala and potato au gratin. The idea was inspired by my favorite dish at Bonefish Grill.

HOLY CRAPAMOLE WAS THIS GOOD!!!! I’ll be following up with the recipes in an upcoming blog post! I was thoroughly impressed with how good this turned out and is now one of my favorite recipes in my collection.  For dessert we had tiramisu leftovers from my birthday that I had froze. Yummers!
chicken marsala, potato au gratin & steamed broccoli

All in all, we had a great (relaxing) anniversary! It was just so nice to take that time to relax and enjoy some quietness before the holidays are here!

And Charley got to go on a car ride to Pet Smart for her training class that weekend too!  She is becoming a CHUNK!  I need to blog soon about how BIG she is getting!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys had a great anniversary!!! And Miss Charley sure is growing!!! Talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete