Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pregnancy Journal: 38 Weeks

Week 38 has been pretty uneventful.  I’m taking it easy which meant I planted it on the couch all weekend long.  Enjoying some ‘me’ time while I can plus there isn't much I can do, it's exhausting to do much of anything.  Thank goodness for Aaron, he has cleaned and taken care of all errands while I’m planted on the couch.  Luckily there isn’t much to do so his daily list is pretty short. 

I’m starting to freak out with every little pain/discomfort thinking oh dear is this labor?!?!  I feel like my body will go into labor on its own but who knows.  It seems surreal that I will be going thru labor/delivery and meeting our baby girl any day now.  I also was thinking out loud to Aaron, won’t it be weird to be loading up a baby in the backseat and heading home?!  It’s just a crazy thought to both of us that this is going to be all REAL very soon. 

I have Aaron very close to his phone during the days.  We decided that if I’m just calling to say hi during the day, I’m to text him first to make sure he isn’t in a meeting.  If it’s an emergency then I will call no matter what.  Okay so I’ve forgotten this rule a few times and have called instead of text when I’m just calling to say hi over my lunch break and it throws him into a panic, he answers and is like “Honey are you okay!?!?!”  Whoops!  Don’t mean to send out any false calls! 

A few weeks ago I asked Aaron to guess a day and he said next Monday, on St. Patrick's Day.  My guess was this Thursday.  So maybe this weekend?  I don't know, I still think I'll be a just a bit early but wouldn't put any bets on it that's for sure.  I feel so much activity going on inside of me that I gotta think one of these days she is just going to fight her way out.

The other day my girlfriend who is also pregnant asked me if my baby is hiccuping.  I told her no.  But then I got to thinking about it and Googling it some more and yes now it all makes sense, I am feeling my baby hiccuping, I just didn't put the two together!  Makes perfect sense as I thought I was just getting light punches in the side that were exactly a few seconds apart repetitively when its really hiccups.  Mind blowing.

Speaking of my friend who is pregnant, she is so much more emotional than I am!  I'm just not.  It's made me wonder if something is wrong with me but I think I'm just flat out not an overly emotional person.  I remember her telling me that she cried the first time she saw the baby on the ultrasound, I was like really?!  I didn't.  I looked at the screen and the tech goes and there is the baby and I just said 'Yep. Cool'.  Of course every time I went in I was pretty nervous until they found that heartbeat then I could relax.  I just never got emotional over an ultrasound, like never.  Kinda guessing that when I see our baby in person for the first time, I most likely won't look at her and say "Yep. Cool."  Chances are I'll probably feel some emotions or lets hope so!    


1 comment:

  1. You're almost there! I'm going to guess March 20. Which probably isn't what you want to hear since it's after your due date. :) And for the record, I've never been emotional about my pregnancies either. I didn't even cry when they first put Brantley on my chest! Oops!

    ReplyDelete