Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Darn Good Reason to CELEBRATE!!!

Last weekend we celebrated our anniversary even though it was actually on the 7th, this past weekend worked out better. Saturday we got massages, always a good way to start out a weekend of relaxation. Then off to Holiday Inn where we had our reception. We relaxed in the hotel’s hot tub and then went to dinner at Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse (restaurant attached to the hotel). When we arrived to our table, there was already a bottle of champagne waiting for us. What we had for our wedding dinner they do not have on the menu anymore, but since we gave them notice when we made our reservations, they were able to make this meal especially for us. How nice! In addition to our free bottle of champagne, they also gave us free dessert too. Awesome perks!

Cinnamon Ice Cream and Chocolate Cake - Yum!

On Sunday, we ordered breakfast in bed. Then we went home and put up our Christmas tree, played Christmas music, and had some wine. To end the night we ordered in pizza and watched a movie.
Santa's Little Helper!

This was really the perfect weekend; I really didn’t want to travel anywhere far to just relax. It helped to stay at the hotel away from home so we were forced to relax. I could use a weekend like this once a month; it was exactly what we needed. Aaron said he called the hotel on 8 occasions to make sure everything was set up according to plan. On top of the 5 emails I sent to Holiday Inn confirming everything also… they definitely know who we are! Called us by name when they saw us, ha ha!

The weekend before, we had exchanged gifts. I was really nervous because I didn’t have a gift idea for Aaron and found out he had already bought my gift without even asking me for any ideas! We never talked about expectations and he wouldn’t give me any information so I was stuck trying to figure this out on my own. Luckily there was a watch that had caught his eye when we were out in San Francisco earlier this year. Only problem… no one around here sells the brand Swatch! So I had to order it online and Aaron was very happy with the watch when it arrived.



I was surprised to find that Aaron had bought me an anniversary band for my wedding ring! It is the exact same as my wedding band, it just gets added onto the top of my ring. He did a good job and he had me stumped, the jewelry store had the info on file so he didn’t even need my ring to get this. He also always gets the best cards; he knows how much I love cards and never fails at getting the perfect sentimental card.


 
All in all, great weekend, great 1st year and already well onto our 2nd year of marriage together!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment