Monday, November 15, 2010

Body Bugg

Early last month, I bought a Body Bugg and have been using it every day since. A Body Bugg basically is an armband that collects data from your body with over 90% accuracy such as calories burned. The Body Bugg is pretty much useless without the subscription to the program. The program uploads the info from your Body Bugg for analysis. One of the biggest draw backs of the Bugg is that it doesn’t tell you how much you are consuming, I have to manually input this information which does get easier after the first few weeks because I tend to eat the same things over and over and the program keeps all the nutritional inputs on file.

This program can do a lot! I can easily tell where I am at for caloric intake/burn, same goes for nutrition – easily tell my fat/fiber/protein/etc intake at a quick glance, it also has a pedometer so I can track my steps, I can tell how much I’m burning down to any minute or time frame in a day, I can look at my data averages for any specified time range (week/month).

One perk is that since I bought it from my gym I get assistance from a personal trainer to help keep me on track. Since I'm familiar with all the trainers at my gym, I knew who to work with (I have a good idea of who knows their stuff!). This was a bonus because he tailors my workouts each month for me and inputs all my updated measurements into my Bugg so I don’t have to.

When I first got the Bugg, it was somewhat annoying to wear but I’ve gotten use to it. I only take it off to shower and sleep. The new Bugg is smaller, most of the time no one even notices it, especially since it's long sleeve season, whereas the older version was more bulky/noticeable. It stores up to 2 weeks of info but I upload once or twice a day. It also only needs charged once a week so normally I do that Sunday nights.

It is definitely keeping me more in-tuned to my diet/exercise. Sometimes I get so excited when I’m at the gym because I am sweating a lot and can’t wait to get home to see how much I burned. It definitely makes me push myself more so that I have a better burn each day.

I will post the workout the personal trainer has me doing in an upcoming blog post, it’s pretty good. I would recommend the Body Bugg, there are a few minor things I dislike about it but overall it’s a great tool and worth spending on.

No comments:

Post a Comment