Friday, May 6, 2011

Coupon Panic Attack!

Yep I had one the other day...a coupon panic attack!

So last week’s paper had some awesome deals in it and I had planned out my coupons so I would be buying everything for a substantial discount or free. I spent an hour at Target buying stuff we don’t even need because it was such a good deal and making sure I was pairing up my coupons appropriately and getting the right kind of product specified on the coupon.

I normally always shop at the same Super Target; aka ‘My Home Base Target.’ But this time, it was more convenient for me to shop at a different Target because I had dinner plans closer to this particular Target. Well that always causes issues because every Target is different in the layout and that throws me off. Another problem is I don’t know any of the cashiers. So I do my profiling and pick a cashier that I think will not hassle me with my coupons. Well I picked the wrong cashier that day!

What caused my irregular heart beat was the fact that the register said too many manufacturer coupons, cannot accept anymore. WHAT?!?! You’ve got to be kidding me! I’ve never heard of such thing! Well the cashier thinking she was being helpful decided to delete off some of my coupons and use the higher value coupons instead. Well that is all great and dandy but when I’ve done all this preplanning for stuff I don’t really even need just because I thought I was getting it for free, it’s crucial to use all the coupons or it’s not worth it to me. Well being in shock, I just paid and left, I still received over 50% off on my entire order solely with the use of coupons.

Well after dinner, I returned back to Target, but this time I went to my ‘Home Base Target’. Ahhh… felt like home! I was able to find everything but one thing that perturbed me was I realized that my Home Base Target prices were higher than the other Target. I was like what the heck!?!? That’s not fair! Why is the Target down the street charging 50 cents less on the same product! So I now have this disgruntled thought in the back of my head that I shop at the ‘expensive’ Target. Grrr.

When I went to check out this time, everything was smooth sailing. The girl didn’t even hardly look at my coupons (good profiling this time). Every time the register beeped, she just hit a button and continued on. Not that any of my coupons were invalid for what I was buying or shifty, but it’s just nice to get thru checkout quickly and not be the one who is holding the line up.

So… that being said I think I still got a good deal in the end despite not being able to use all of my coupons.  My total plus tax for all of these products was $16.31. Without any coupons my cost would have been $48.47. My cost averages to .91 cents per item! Now what am I going to do with 6 bottles of shampoo/conditioner, 2 bottles of body wash, 5 tubes of toothpaste, 3 canisters of Lysol wipes, and 2 jars of facial moisturizer? Aaron’s not picky, he will use whatever brand and the extras I will donate to church, that makes the trip all worth it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment