Monday, May 9, 2011

Picture Perfect Weekend

I really don’t have much to blog about so I’ll tell you about our GREAT weekend!

It was productive but yet restful. My parents came to visit. Friday night we grabbed dinner out and then played some cards.

Saturday morning my mom and I went down to the Farmer’s Market. It was the first one of the year and the weather was picture perfect! I love going to the Downtown Farmer’s Market and according to the Des Moines Register, so does 20,000 other people! It was packed but yet we were able to weave in and out of people fairly easily. It’s always packed so I’m use to it, didn’t bother me. Between Mom and I, we picked up some bread, wine, dried pasta, a hanging flower basket arrangement and cheese.

After that, my mom and I went over to Lowe’s. I really wanted to plant some flowers in a few planters I had but am clueless when it comes to picking out what type of flowers work best in a planter and the care. I knew my Mom had a really good green thumb and was knowledgeable in this area so she helped me pick them out and get them all planted.

Then we just relaxed on the deck and watched Aaron and my Dad unload 1200 lbs of dirt, we were good supervisors! :) It was great to get to hang out and spend time with my parents.

Aaron used all that dirt later in the day to fill some patchy areas of our lawn and planted grass seed. I finished up laundry; we grilled out then relaxed and watched a movie.

Sunday morning was church, then I picked up a topsy turvy tomato plant, well see how that goes…. crossing my fingers it will be successful. It was really easy to plant, my concern is if I waited too late in the season to do this. Then we finished up house chores, I put up my winter sweaters and got out my shorts, we sat on the deck and did some reading and then I made up dinner and we invited Mark to join us. Well it was really nice Sunday night and we ended up on the deck for 3+ hours and went thru 4 ½ bottles of wine between the 3 of us, a bit too much wine for a ‘school night!’

Overall it felt like a weekend that was productive but yet relaxful. We’ve had a few weekends so far this year with awesome weather and this was the first one we actually got to enjoy. Getting the deck furniture out and walking thru the downtown market really gets me in the mood for summer!

(P.S. sorry, I don’t have any pictures; I will try to get better at taking more pics to share…)

No comments:

Post a Comment