Monday, May 30, 2011

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping!

Aaron has really been wanting to go to Chicago lately for a weekend and of course I'm not going to turn down a trip to Chicago, we had been lingering with the idea for a few weeks and decided to go.  We got to Aurora just after noon on Friday and we love the outlet mall there.  Aaron really likes this outlet because there is a lot of men stores here for him.  In fact, I was ready to go a good hour before he was, I sat and waited for him and go figure it was a shoe store that he was in for 40 minutes and I just sat and painfully waited, knowing how often he does it for me...  I guess it shouldn't be surprising that I married a man who tried on shoes for almost an hour and ended up with 2 more pairs for his collection, I guess this is just a taste of my own medicine for being a shoe lover myself. 


Michigan Ave River View
 We then headed off to IKEA, another favorite stop of ours.  What we were looking for though, they don't sell anymore!  We had a particular window blind we've had our eye on and surprisingly they don't sell them anymore.  That was a disappointment!  So we ended up with a few random purchases, nothing major. 

Our hotel was a great location!  Just a block off of Michigan Ave right on the river, very easy to get to every place we needed.  Saturday was a full day of shopping.  We had lunch at Gino's East.  Amazing!  I don't like Chicago style pizza but their thin crust pizza and spinach artichoke dip was amazing, a new favorite place! 

We took a break from our shopping excursion for a show at Second City.  We've been here before and we just love this sketch comedy club, I was lucky enough to grab tickets earlier that week because I found out all shows were sold out for the weekend.  Great show!  Then we headed out for a delicious Italian dinner at Dinotto's.  I had my all time favorite meal, chicken marsala and tiramisu.  Yummers!  Then we headed back out for more shopping.  We literally shopped till we dropped. 

Second City
 Sunday morning we headed out to the House of Blues for the Gospel Brunch.  Again glad we got our tickets early, it was another full show.  The food was really good and the southern Baptist style choir was full of energy and soulful.  They had so much food to choose from and endless mimosas, I was SO full. 


Gospel Brunch

We had a great weekend.  Great food, great shopping.  Aaron said I've turned him into a shopper, he's a actually a really great shopping partner.  He's pretty honest at telling me if something looks good or not and I really appreciate his input.

On our way home, as we were approaching the Williamsburg Mall, he asked if we should stop and walk thru there... I was like whoa... you aren't shopped out yet?  The trunk was so full our luggage was in the back seat and he wanted to do more shopping?!?!! Wow did I marry the man of my dreams or what!  We were out of luck though, the outlet was already closed and really we did plenty of shopping in Chicago, we got some really good deals and we don't need to go shopping for awhile now. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a super fun weekend! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!! :)

    ReplyDelete