Monday, October 31, 2011

Cream Cheese Danishes

I found this stellar recipe shortcut in my Taste Of Home Oct 2011 Magazine. And as I read the recipe I thought to myself… yes I could buy pre-made refrigerated turnovers at the store that requires only heating my oven or I can make these which is a perfect way to use up the homemade jams I have in the fridge.  What a brilliant idea this is! Why have I never thought of doing this before?!?

What I also like about this recipe is how you can easily make different flavored ones, I used raspberry jam in 2 of them and pumpkin butter in the other two and I actually liked my pumpkin ones the best.

Ok...so mine are messier looking than the picture in the magazine... I got a little carried away with the jam, I don't like to measure out ingredients

  • Unroll 8 oz tube crescent dough and separate into 4 rectangles
  • Beat 4 oz. cream cheese with ¼ cup powdered sugar, spread across each rectangle
  • Top with jam
  • Pinch the 2 opposite corners of the dough
  • Bake on parchment paper at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
  • Combine ½ C powdered sugar with 2 tsp milk and drizzle over danishes
Wow… as I just typed out the official recipe, I totally made this wrong! I use the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar as the frosting and only used the jam in the dough. LOL!

This past weekend I made them again but this time I was so lazy all I did was undo the tube of dough and slapped a little jam in between each one ate them plain with no frosting. Still was delish! And I didn’t bother with the parchment paper either, which I found to be unnecessary to use.

So wake up EXTRA early in the morning, bum around and watch TV and make your husband think you are slaving in the kitchen making homemade crescents all morning and then throw these together in 10 minutes and he will believe that you went to a lot of work to make him breakfast. Just kidding, Aaron knows better… plus I was bragging about how little effort I put into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment