Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting

We LOVE pumpkin!  I embrace any recipe that has pumpkin as an ingredient.  October and November are really the only months I make pumpkin-inspired recipes but thank you Starbucks for serving pumpkin loaf all year round, that suffices my cravings the other 10 months of the year. And why is that!?!  Canned pumpkin is DA BOMB every month of the year!  Yes, I just said 'Da Bomb'....


This recipe came from my Kraft Foods Magazine.  And it is yummers!

Ingredients:

1 pkg spice cake mix
1 C sour cream
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1/4 C oil
3 eggs
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (16 oz) powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven 350 degrees.  Beat first 5 ingredients together, spoon into muffin cups.  Bake 20-22 minutes and cool completely.  Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla.  Gradually beat in sugar.  Blend in cinnamon.  Spread over cupcakes.  Refrigerate cupcakes.

It's that easy!

HYDE TIP:  Make half the amount of frosting and you will have more than enough, this makes WAY TOO much frosting and I think cutting it in half will be more than plenty.  I wish I would have left some plain, a few times I found myself just wanting a plain one so next time I will leave a few unfrosted for myself.


Irresistible!

And what also made this recipe good was the fact that Charley slept the entire time making baking a lot easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment