Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Countdown Is On!

Being that winter finally arrived outside today, time to day dream about vacation! Caribbean here we come!  We decided to give a cruise a try for this year, just something about waking up in a new place every day on vacation sounds intriguing. 
Cruisin' in the Caribbean!

We are set to arrive in Miami early afternoon and we will head down to South Beach. We have a hotel within a few blocks of the beach.  I found a nice Italian restaurant for that evening, looks like a great date night place!  
 
I can hear that Will Smith song... Welcome to Miami!
Our hotel lobby, south beach ambiance

The following day we don’t need to board the ship until later in the day so we have some more time in South Beach. We will board the ship at a decent time though, I want to get settled in and explore the ship. Plus it sounds like the embarkment party is pretty fun so we won't want to miss that!
Hello South Beach!
The ship

We arrive the next day to the island of Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas. I have so badly wanted to visit the grounds of the Atlantis Resort and my dream is going to come true! We are going to have a Beach Day at the Atlantis Resort and get to explore the property and exhibits.  I cannot wait to see this place in person!

Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island

That evening we are going on a sunset champagne catamaran cruise, the description says we will be dancing the night away under the stars... I’m a sucker for cheesy descriptions!
champagne cruise
whoa... movin and a shakin!
The following day we arrive on the cruise line's private island, CocoCay. We aren't going to do anything this day but rent floating beach mats in the crystal clear water with drinks in hand, now that’s what I call vacation!
Can't wait to do a whole lot of nothing!

The next day we wake up in Key West, I’ve always wanted to go to the Florida Keys!  This day we are going on a glass bottom boat tour to the only living coral reef in the US and 3rd largest in the world. We were torn between that and the Pub Crawl but since the timing conflicted with each other, it was a pretty easy decision to choose the glass bottom boat over the pub crawl. Who can ever get sick of the water and the beach?!?!
Glass Bottom Boat

The next morning we come back to Miami in which I'm trying to get us on an everglades safari before our afternoon departure back home. Still working on arranging that... not sure if it will work out or not...
Alligators anyone?!?!
I daydream about vacation EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I’m staying preoccupied right now shopping for summer clothes.  I need some more swimsuits, cover ups, and shoes and of course I’m already coming across some other great finds for this vacation. 

 We also need to get into shape!  I tried my swim suit on yesterday and YIKES!  I’ve ramped up my work outs and have a goal in mind. No more jello arms, muffin tops, and tucking my butt into my jeans!  Time for me to get down to business folks, I got vacation on my mind!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! When are you going? Speaking of cute summer clothing, Target has a lot of it right now! Lots of cute dresses and swimsuits!

    ReplyDelete