Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday Dinner

On Sunday I blocked out my afternoon to whip up our special occasion meal for no special occasion other than it sounded good.  I really like to cook but don’t really like going to a lot of work.  Well this meal is a whole lot of work!  Something I have to decide well in advance to commit to and not at last minute.  Peeling potatoes, boiling them, slicing them thinly, pounding out chicken, numerous ingredients involved, lots of measuring, lots of dirty pans, etc.   So if you are going to make this meal… you better go all out and that’s just what I did!  And this meal is worth every minute of it.   

At 3 pm, I turned on the R&B Soul channel and got busy.  Once it hit 5 o’clock, I popped opened our favorite bottle of wine, Cabernet Savignon Louis M. Martini. This is a fabulous bottle of wine and has become our house favorite.   This Sonoma wine knocks the socks off of any Napa cab I’ve had. 

Starting out we had iceberg lettuce, baby tomatoes, dried Parmesan cheese, and a recipe I found on Pinterest for a knock off Olive Garden dressing recipe.  Which was very good!  I found this cute dressing kit at Target with a mini carafe thru Good Seasonings.  I was surprised how cheap it was!  It was under $5 and included 2 dressing packets and additional recipes were on the box.  Perfect!  I even chilled the bowl with the lettuce in it ahead time, imitating Olive Garden.


Then onto the Pimento Cheese Potatoes.  YUMMY!  If you want unique potato side dish, this is the one.  The cream based sauce that gets poured over top just melts in your mouth. 

And the main… Chicken Marsala.  This particular recipe ranks up there with all the restaurant professional versions I’ve had.  As I like to say, yummers in my tummers!

And for dessert, I didn’t take a picture but after all that hard work I was not going to make homemade dessert so we had Market Pantry Turtle Cheesecake from the frozen section at Target and Haagan- Dazs Butter Pecan Ice Cream to go along.  Dessert isn’t complete without a nice brewed cup of coffee. 

Did we eat good at the Hyde Household on Sunday!  This calls for hitting it extra hard at the gym this week.

1 comment: