Friday, February 10, 2012

Super Bowl Food

For Super Bowl Sunday, I tried a few new recipes. Starting off the day was a recipe I found on Pinterest that caught my eye for Blueberry Breakfast Cake. It caught my eye because it uses buttermilk. I fully agree with this websites opinion in regards to buttermilk making everything more delish! I have a banana bread recipe that is out of this world good because the key ingredient is buttermilk. Another big plus to this recipe is that I made it up the night before so all I had to do was roll out of bed and preheat the oven.
Here is the link to the recipe:
http://www.alexandracooks.com/2011/06/29/buttermilk-blueberry-breakfast-cake/

Loads of blueberries

Everything is better with coffee!
For kickoff, I made BBQ Chicken Pizza Roll Up that I discovered in my Taste of Home magazine. It was easier to make than I thought it would be… the refrigerated pizza crust I used was specific for thin pizzas which I recommend, it was enough bread but not too much so it wasn’t too dry tasting. I always forget that I don’t really like cilantro. Since I’m lazy and don’t measure, I went a little crazy with the cilantro so I think next time I will lay off the cilantro and pile on the Italian seasoning instead. Here’s the link to this one:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/BBQ-Chicken-Pizza-Roll-Up
For me… Super Bowl is all about having good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment