Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Friend, The Wobbler

It’s called the Wobbler. It’s a life saver. It has saved us from going completely insane on some days…
 To explain… when I get home from a long day, I like to have roughly a 20 minute transition period to do a few things and get settled in. What I don’t like is feeding Charley, who loves to eat so she woofs it down in 2 flat seconds and then attacks me because she wants to play right away. It interferes with that 20 minutes I desperately need. So we found a solution that has been a true life saver! The Wobbler!

The Wobbler (made by Kong) basically is a feeding toy that she must hit with her paws to get her kernels of food out. The hole is big enough to allow one to several pieces to come out at one time. Sweet Guacamole do I want to kiss whoever came up with this idea! I ran out and bought it as soon I stumbled across it online. $23 at Petsmart, worth every penny.

The first time we gave Charley the Wobbler she knew there was her food in it but was slightly confused. I knocked it over once with my foot and that’s all it took for her to catch on. The first feeding took 45 minutes and afterwards she was so tired she laid down and slept all night. I was like HOLY COWABUNGA this is amazing! Over the next weeks, she got it down to 20 minutes and today it takes her between 15-20 minutes. Just the time I need to myself after work! Instead of attacking me, she attacks the Wobbler.




The only disadvantage is I do have to Swifter mop the kitchen floor weekly now but that only takes a few short minutes. And her food is dry so it really doesn’t make the floors that more messy but I still like to clean it weekly now. As much as I do hate mopping… the trade off is very much worth it!  Happy Dog, Happy Dog Mom!

1 comment:

  1. That is genius. Sadie would have loved that when she was a puppy. Now she is old so she would probably give up in 5 minutes.

    PS Charley is getting huge!! I cant even believe it!

    ReplyDelete