Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 4: Coco Cay Bahamas

Day 4 was at Coco Cay which is Royal Caribbean’s private island in the Bahamas.  Beautiful place!  The Atlantis beach was our favorite but here water the was very calm, relaxing and just as beautiful in a different kind of way (if that makes any sense!?!)  This day we did absolutely nothing and loved every minute of it.  The cruise line provided plenty to do on the island but having a day completely free of any plans was a rare commodity to us that we couldn’t pass up.






First off, wowzas did they make the drinks strong here!  I couldn’t even drink mine it was so strong and I can usually handle a stiff drink just fine.  I was starting to get burned out on drinking anyways, up to that point in our vacation, if we were awake and our eyes were blinking, we were drinking so it was starting to lose its appeal by this point anyways.   


I haven’t mentioned yet that so far everywhere we’ve gone the water had been chilly.  Not terrible but chillier than I prefer.  Laying out on the beach though was perfect!  The weather was mid to upper 80s each day.  Aaron got in the water every time, the furthest I got in was waist deep, mainly because the water was so clear here at Coco Cay that I felt more comfortable.  I dislike not seeing what I’m swimming with.  I enjoyed watching Aaron though lurk with the sharks and creatures of the ocean while I sat safely on the beach.    





The cruise line served a buffet style BBQ lunch.  The food was good but by the time we got around to going up for lunch, I thought the food was a bit cold.  It was the first time in YEARS I ate chicken off the bone.  I didn’t know if I could do it but I did.  I tore it off with my fork.  I can watch people eat red meat and not be grossed out but seeing people eat meat off a bone with their teeth really does gross me out.  We definitely didn’t starve by no means over cold food… in general we ate a plenty last week.

While on Coco Cay, I just sat and soaked it all in. I wanted to pinch myself and kept thinking wow… I’m sitting on a beautiful beach in the Bahamas, clear water in front of me, the sun feels great, the silky sand between my toes, my husband at my side…it was a heavenly feeling. Everything I dreamt of leading up to the days of our vacation was coming to fruition at that moment. It really made me appreciate and was grateous we had the opportunity to go on this vacation and see this part of the world. I am also thankful that I got to share such memorable moments with Aaron.






Later that evening after dinner, we decided to attend the Love and Marriage Show with the other couples at our dinner table which was pretty funny, our group wanted us to volunteer for the show and I’m glad we didn’t after hearing the questions, I don’t get embarrassed easily but could see how a few of those questions could’ve been iffy.  After this, we then headed out midnight buffet and dance party at the pool.  We weren’t hungry for the buffet but the food art was impressive! Also the poolside dance party was lively!  Very entertaining!  The cruise director who was leading the dance party was a riot, this guy continually cracked us up all week long!  Also had staff dancers and these people knew how to shake their booty!  I was getting a kick out of just watching them. 

Belly Flop Competition on ship, it was entertaining

Check out food art; ice dolphin, monkey climbing the pinapple, etc
Our dinner table friends

Midnight Poolside Dance Party
 Well this brings me to vacation Day 5 at Key West.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Cute swimming suits and even cuter dresses! Looks like your vacay was a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete